Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-19-2014, 08:14 AM   #1

Just took delivery of 27DSRL - Questions!

Just picked up our new 2015 27DSRL yesterday. Everything went well during the PDI. However while pulling the TT lots of noises out back. Dealer installed an Equalizer brand WDH - seems to work great on the road. It makes a lot of loud noises but dealer said those will go away. Got the camper home and while maneuvering with TV windows down to get the camper in the driveway noticed grinding & squeaking coming from TT axles. Called dealer and he said that was normal and will eventually go away. Anyone else experience noises in the axles/wheels on a new TT? Should I be concerned and press the dealer to resolve it or give it a chance to work itself out? Dealer is a 2-1/2 hr drive away and $$ in gas.
KYCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:24 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

The TT twin axle will make some creaks and moans under some TV turning conditions....., you may even notice that the tires appear to be flexing a little as well....... all normal. If you find that the axle noise is excessive after a few camping trips compared to other TT's in the campground, then have your RV dealer inspect the suspension. Also, make sure that the TT tires are at maximum PSI, and check the wheel lug-nut torque once in awhile during the camping season.

Loose lug nut thread: http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...=torque&page=3

The Equal-i-zer brand WDH is a great hitch (with integrated sway control) and even when adjusted correctly may at times make some nosies. The dealer tech may not have told you, but the WDH should be re-adjusted once more when your TV/TT is under loaded conditions (ready to camp).

Once you have your WDH re-adjusted under loaded conditions, re-evaluate the level of noise it makes. The Equal-i-zer WDH installation instructions also identify's specific points for lubrication. Usually the heavier tongues weights can influence WDH noise issues.

Equal-i-zer Brand WDH Lubrication: http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...al-i-zer+noise

Hope this helps.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:01 PM   #3

Hitch & Axle Noise

Thanks for the advice - big help! I'm starting from ground zero no way to go but up with any advice.
KYCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:08 AM   #4

I have the 2013 model. Normal deal and will get better.

Enjoy the camper.

Doug