Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-03-2016, 07:14 AM   #1

Looked at a X213 yesterday

Couple of questions

Has anyone replaced the vent in the bathroom with a fantastic fan?

It looks like I would not be able to lower my tailgate if hitched. Are there any F150 owners of a x213 that can confirm that?

Thanks in advance.

DT
DaveT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:23 AM   #2

I have the 2015 X213 and tow with an 2013 F150.
I have not replaced the bathroom fan. For my family the stock fan works well enough.
As for the tailgate. I can't fully open my tailgate when hooked up. It really hasn't been a problem for me. I do have a folding tonneau cover and can access what's in the bed that way.
In all honesty I love the combo. The F150 is a full crew cab with the Ecoboost and tows great. The X213 is a perfect size trailer for our family with a great floor plan, perfect amenities, and is a smooth tow behind the F150 with an Equalizer WDH.
micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:47 AM   #3

I have a weight distribution hitch with a long tongue that the dealer installed that allows me to open my tailgate on my Dodge Ram. I am okay with the exhaust fan that came with it.
Old 07-03-2016, 06:31 PM   #4

Agree with micron, cannot open the tailgate when hooked up. It's not important to me, certainly not enough to give the trailer an even longer lever to work on the truck with.

Haven't replaced the fan in the bathroom yet. It works better than I expected, but still not terribly impressive. Definitely giving thought to a fantastic fan and a maxxair 2 cover. I'm also wondering if it would be feasible to put another vent fan somewhere else in the trailer, since we rarely camp with hookups and I'd like a way to really move some air.
Rootus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootus View Post
Haven't replaced the fan in the bathroom yet. It works better than I expected, but still not terribly impressive. Definitely giving thought to a fantastic fan and a maxxair 2 cover. I'm also wondering if it would be feasible to put another vent fan somewhere else in the trailer, since we rarely camp with hookups and I'd like a way to really move some air.
Yeah in our current TT the Fantastic Fan is our cooling system 99% of the time. It seemed that the x213 was a little low on Windows that open so I was thinking to boost the airflow with a FF.

DT
DaveT is offline   Reply With Quote