Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-18-2019, 09:31 AM   #1
RDG

Looking at Jay Flight 21QB

Hello,

We are looking at trading our 195 RB that we have only had for a year for a 21QB or a 212QB. The 21QB is only about $1100 (CDN $) more than the 212BB so it looks like a good deal. I will lose a fair bit on the trade in value but I expected that.

Those who own a 21QB or 212QB do you like it and do you find the trailer big enough for a couple? We just retired a couple of years ago and bought the 195RB but found it pretty tight for 2 people. The table seems uncomfortable and we feel cramped trying to eat there and there is no other place to sit. We do not spend much time inside the trailer but on a rainy or cool day is would be nice to have a comfortable place to sit. The 21QB looks great at the dealer and we find the height difference and the extra foot in width make a huge difference versus the 195RB. We upgraded out TV to and F150 over the summer so we should be able to tow the 21QB fairly easily.

Thanks,
RDG
RDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:06 AM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
From a large fifth wheel we thought to downsize a few years ago and we tried the 195RB and found the space to crowded. Then we found a 31 footer Jay Feather which suited our needs. Still light weight and 1/2 ton towable which is also our daily driver. After the 5er didn't want to go to new again after many quality horror stories. Around 2005 to 2010 quality was much better. I don't go for the new looks, but for quality design. RV's are still rolling boxes and need maintenance. Do everything myself anyway so an older model satisfies us.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:21 AM   #3

Newly retired, we were searching for our first trailer. Started out looking at Rpods and Hummingbirds, but even for two it was small. The 212QBW was our “Goldilocks” trailer — not too small and not too big. I’m 6-6 and have plenty of elbow and head room. We love having a comfortable couch to watch TV rather than sitting in the dinette. Best part is the rear living with windows throughout the back. Where we camp, we have nice views of forest or ocean, not the side of an RV. At 26 feet, it has been pretty easy to maneuver into smaller camp sites. And it is light enough that I’ve never felt worried about towing it. The tanks are plenty large enough, shower is roomy, it has two propane tanks, two batteries and two axles — all benefits over the smaller rigs. It should be perfect for the two of us (and dog) for quite a while. Good luck!
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDG View Post
Hello,

We are looking at trading our 195 RB that we have only had for a year for a 21QB or a 212QB. The 21QB is only about $1100 (CDN $) more than the 212BB so it looks like a good deal. I will lose a fair bit on the trade in value but I expected that.

Those who own a 21QB or 212QB do you like it and do you find the trailer big enough for a couple? We just retired a couple of years ago and bought the 195RB but found it pretty tight for 2 people. The table seems uncomfortable and we feel cramped trying to eat there and there is no other place to sit. We do not spend much time inside the trailer but on a rainy or cool day is would be nice to have a comfortable place to sit. The 21QB looks great at the dealer and we find the height difference and the extra foot in width make a huge difference versus the 195RB. We upgraded out TV to and F150 over the summer so we should be able to tow the 21QB fairly easily.

Thanks,
RDG
We just did the same thing for the same reasons. Bought a 2018 195RB in July of last year, traded it in for a 2019 212QB January 31st. We're still waiting on some decent weather to try it out.
mharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:51 PM   #5
RDG

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like your happy with your 212QB. I think we will take the leap and trade in the 195RB.
RDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:41 PM   #6

We've got ours stored at the horse ranch my brother runs. Last night we went out and fire up the heater just to sit around and kill some time, definitely more sitting comfort and the heat vents distribute warm air better than the one vent on the 195RB. I'm sure we made the right decision for us.
mharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:47 PM   #7

Please do yourself a favor and look at the X213. The giant bed and versatile front bunks/storage area are like nothing else. They have made them forever so it seems like there is one for every budget.
Watchdoc is offline   Reply With Quote