Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-29-2019, 02:13 PM   #1

Mattress Help Please

Wife and I are wanting to do some mattress replacement in our 264BHS. I can figure out the queen size area however am somewhat confused with the 2 full bunks. They are full size bunks however have a curved side facing the area where you enter.. Are these replaceable? Is my only choice to get some foam topping and cut to fit? THANK YOU! Just renovated our RV in a total cabin theme and we love it!!
Coach33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:31 AM   #2

Smile

Not an ad endorsement but we didn't replace our mattress ('residential' Simmons in H'bird) we put a Froli system of springs under it. TOTAL transformation. We bought one system for a 'queen' size sleep space - they are individual plastic springs that you lock together in any pattern (used frequently in boats). Not cheap though not more expensive than a replacement mattress and durable... really a game-changer in comfort.
Good luck and happy camping!

Rob & Lynda
Jayco Hummingbird 17RK
tv: 2015 Chevy Tahoe LS
Finding our joy daily in camping, wine, golf, NASCAR and state parks!
njhappycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:49 AM   #3

We liked the Froli in the Tab 400 at a show best mattress I ever laid on for a small camper. Walmart sell memory foam you can order the right size a trim as needed I use a cheap serrated bread knife. We are going to upgrade to the Froli as funds allow.
Debdon Journeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:00 AM   #4

We bought memory foam mattresses for our RV's and like Debdon said, you can easily trim them with a knife.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach33 View Post
Wife and I are wanting to do some mattress replacement in our 264BHS. I can figure out the queen size area however am somewhat confused with the 2 full bunks. They are full size bunks however have a curved side facing the area where you enter.. Are these replaceable? Is my only choice to get some foam topping and cut to fit? THANK YOU! Just renovated our RV in a total cabin theme and we love it!!
Bought this for Hummingbird 16FB based on a recommendation here:
Zinus Ultima Comfort Memory Foam 10 Inch Mattress, Short Queen - very comfortable but I could not trim to fit due to it's cover design and it is very difficult to make the bed.
Paulo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 03:35 PM   #6

Although definitely not inexpensive, I've heard Original Mattress Factory will custom build too.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:26 PM   #7

We replaced our mattress with one from www.mattressinsider.com and its been great. They have standard sizes for RV, including bunks, but they will also make custom sizes to order. We just got the mattress this season, but so far its been great.

cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:15 PM   #8

I bought a Sealy iComfort memory foam mattress that was valued at 3k from a high end furniture warehouse sale. Since I only needed a Full XL I took it home and got out the electric turkey knife, removed the mattress cover, marked a line with a sharpie and cut away. Bought a new cover on Amazon and enjoy TT sleeping just like home for $400.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote