Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-19-2019, 11:35 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven614 View Post
Just bought a 2018 Flight 154bh. I知 all excited to use it long time tent camper new to tt. After seeing all the posts about water leaks and mold I知 a little nervous about it. Are there things I can look for to make sure there are no problems? Do I need to go on the roof? Dealership said to look for bubbles I知 assuming on the rubber seals.
I guess I知 really asking is it very common to have leaks? And how reliable are these tt?
Thanks for any replies.
Raven - while I don't own a TT, the rules are still the same. It's just basic maintenance. your rig is only about 2 years old. Jayco warranty is 2 years from the factory. We got our 2018 5th wheel brand new from the dealer during the summer of 2017. Not sure how - Jayco has a time machine?

I've been on my roof a couple times. Once to clean it up, the other to kibitz with the AC units (inline mod). As long as you're keeping tabs on it now and then you should be fine. It helps if you can park it under covered shelter to protect it from the elements. DO NOT EVER NEVER EVER USE A TARP. This will only trap moisture and promote mold. Bleh!
Old 05-29-2020, 03:29 PM   #22

No longer nervous

Just wanted to post back and thank the users here for advice and encouragement. Used my camper on three different week long camps and the camper works great. Used everything and been through rain storms and everything has been dry. I did find two small holes when I looked on the roof. On the seem of the skylight self leveling goo. Put some of that self adhesive tape on it. The only other problem I had was when it rains the ac sucks in the rain water was dripping from the inside bottom of as and it actually got the little control panel/circuit board wet and temporarily caused the system to go alliitle haywire. I shut it if and dried it up waited an hour and it then worked good. So all and all love the jayco 154!
Raven614 is offline   Reply With Quote