Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-06-2014, 02:44 PM   #1

New 185RB Baja Edition

Just picked it up from the dealer yesterday! Moved up from a PUP. First trip is planned for the third week of April.
oreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:55 PM   #2

Congrats on the new camper !!!!
TST 507 flow thru

Livinglife2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:34 PM   #3

We purchased a 145RB SLX Baja edition from a dealer in Prescott, AZ last fall (2013). Just curious to know how far you traveled from Tucson for the purchase?
We shopped all of AZ and found no Baja editions on any dealer lot except in Prescott. Tucson and Phoenix dealers were not even interested in talking about the concept of ordering one for us. The dealer in Prescott handled all steps by internet including "out the door" pricing.
ranchosinvacas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:40 PM   #4

Found it at RV City down in Huachuca City. Also saw they had it up in Prescott. You're right, no luck in Tucson or Phoenix. Baja's are tough to find. How's yours been so far?
Old 04-06-2014, 04:02 PM   #5

Baja edition

The Baja unit has lived up to expectations so far. Although we did need to have the refrigerator serviced on warranty. It would not cool on LP gas and needed a new thermocouple. No charges for repair but unit was out of service at dealer's for more than 2 weeks last fall. I also found it advisable to make changes to the LP tank mounting on the front. I used long "J" bolts to secure the tank on frame supports because otherwise the tank wobbles a whole lot. I had to order J bolts from an out of state parts dealer. One other minor problem came to light after a trip out along Willows Spring Rd. north of Tucson. Vibration from dirt road travel caused one window/frame to shift in the wall opening causing it to drop down in the opening about a quarter inch or so causing an opening for rain water entry. I've worked on mobile homes before and so I knew how to re-position it securely and reseal it. good luck and enjoy!
Old 04-06-2014, 08:34 PM   #6

Thanks for the info! We go out to Willow Springs too to mountain bike. Which window? Where did you find the j hooks? That's definitely a mod I saw that needs to be done. I don't like the wobbly tank set up either.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:34 PM   #7

We have a number of friends who stay at "24-hr. town" during the Old Pueblo 24 hr. endurance ride. We camp in and around Black Mtn. for ATV rides just not during the bike races. On many on-line boards, a common answer is to say "do a search"...often that's considered a rude response...but really...if you do a search for my various posts with my user name or 145RB Baja, I think you will find the basic answers cause' I asked a lot of questions and got alot of good answers. The window that moved downward in it's sidewall opening was the one nearest the front on the curbside of the unit. I had to carefully remove the inside metal frame, take the glass frame out of the wall, re-position the adhesive gasket on the exterior window frame and re-install in the order it came out, and re-caulk with clear sealant on exterior. A helper to hold the glass stationary is a great help.