Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-13-2019, 04:36 PM   #1

New Jay Feather Ordered

So we went and ordered a new 2020 Jay Feather 22RB in Modern Farmhouse White. Going to be interesting as no one has a bunch of information on them like any questions we have to call dealer and he calls Jayco sure wish they would get some brochures out on it. I know capacities as the dealer called Jayco not sure about the gray and black water as it is rear bath. No one has been exactly able to tell me how they are separated back there one drain pipe one valve but shouldn't there be two one for gray and one for black? Guess we will find out. Unless someone here has the answer.
Jolvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:53 PM   #2
Site Team

If there is one grey tank there will likely be one drain that your sewer hose hooks to doing the work for both the black and grey tanks, but a valve for each tank. If there are two grey tanks there will be a separate drain for the second grey tank, usually the galley tank.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:31 PM   #3

We are staying in our 2017 23 ft. Jayfeather rlsw right now on Lake Superior. We love this camper as nearly 150 nights in it all over WI and Upper MI with only 1 minor easily fixed awning issue. I am sure you will enjoy yours as well.
Chet & Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:02 PM   #4

ordered too!

we just ordered a 2020 jay feather 18 RBM - similar issue with not a lot of info being out there because the trailer floor plan is so new, but we got to walk through it at the Hershey Show so we have a very good feel for the space and got to see the full sticker details - oddly, there are 2020 same models showing up on line in the obviously older model of decor/decals. we picked cashmere cottage though the farmhouse is very nice.

Josh the RV Nerd did a quick walk through of our model at Jayco's dealer preview and the web site finally has specs up but only recently did the corporate site get a refresh.

good luck to you! we were told 8-10 weeks for delivery

Rob & Lynda
Jayco Hummingbird 17RK
tv: 2015 Chevy Tahoe LS
Finding our joy daily in camping, wine, golf, NASCAR and state parks!
njhappycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 06:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by njhappycamper View Post
we just ordered a 2020 jay feather 18 RBM - similar issue with not a lot of info being out there because the trailer floor plan is so new, but we got to walk through it at the Hershey Show so we have a very good feel for the space and got to see the full sticker details - oddly, there are 2020 same models showing up on line in the obviously older model of decor/decals. we picked cashmere cottage though the farmhouse is very nice.

Josh the RV Nerd did a quick walk through of our model at Jayco's dealer preview and the web site finally has specs up but only recently did the corporate site get a refresh.

good luck to you! we were told 8-10 weeks for delivery
I did download the app that Jayco has out there to see floor plans but agree year is almost over and they are getting the information out there. The first one we saw was in Reno Nevada while on a trip with our current trailer dealer didn't even know what it was. The trailer was ordered the first week of August and we have a scheduled pickup date of 10/20/2019 which is a fact as while in NC got a call from dealer that unit showed up and he was impressed with the new graphics and the farmhouse interior. We did go over on Friday to physically see and touch it and we are impressed. The tech was doing the pre-service and he stated he liked the way they have improved the Jay Feather line. So we will go over on Wednesday and the tech that does the pre-service does the walk thru so he said save any questions you may have for then. It is our 6th RV from pop-ups to motorhomes, 5th wheel back to towable 19 foot and last month long trip decided we needed a bit more space and Jay Feather filled the wants and needs. Good luck and hope your unit shows up quickly.

Rob
Old 11-30-2019, 04:22 PM   #6

Congrats on you new 2020 Jay Feather, 18rbm units. We've also just bought the same unit that was already on order by the dealer. For Njhappycamper, we've learned that a new batch of this floorplan is going into production around Dec 10th. and our dealer, in Canada, expects delivery from the plant soon after Christmas, sounds like both our units could be from the same litter! It'll be a long wait for us to be able to play with it as we plan to pick it up late April or early May, no sense earlier if snow is still on the ground!! For Jolvi, have you taken delivery of yours, and does it meet your expectations in terms of overall quality and workmanship?
atmago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:30 AM   #7

Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmago View Post
Congrats on you new 2020 Jay Feather, 18rbm units. We've also just bought the same unit that was already on order by the dealer. For Njhappycamper, we've learned that a new batch of this floorplan is going into production around Dec 10th. and our dealer, in Canada, expects delivery from the plant soon after Christmas, sounds like both our units could be from the same litter! It'll be a long wait for us to be able to play with it as we plan to pick it up late April or early May, no sense earlier if snow is still on the ground!! For Jolvi, have you taken delivery of yours, and does it meet your expectations in terms of overall quality and workmanship?
Yes it was received at dealer in November and we got back from a trip. We made arrangements to pick it up and do the PDI which I wish they would do the whole thing and not say "oh you have had RV's so you know this." maybe I do maybe it is new to me. Anyway the dealer we use has a campground attached so we spent the night there and only had one issue with the furnace telling the A/C to work and then vice versa so neither would work. Quick fix the communication cable was not plugged in all the way after that was handled no problems. Design issue I can think of one the unit has two gray tanks and one is in front of axle so it holds a bit of residual water that when you move it there may be some in the drain when you undo the cap again. Only issue that I have is the labels on the black and gray tank are reversed need to call dealer again and ask where they are at he said no reason to bring it in I can install the labels. Quality and workmanship well let me see this is our first Jayco product and the fit and finish in my opinion is a bit better than a Keystone manufactured RV we had but that was a few years ago. Now we did have a Gulfstream product before this Jayco and it was a really light trailer like 3,100 pounds and in making it that light I was a bit skeptical of the frame build but we put about 20,000 miles on it with no issues. All the appliances worked never had to fix any of them. A/C was a Dometic with direct vent it would cool but very noisy changed that to Atwood Air Command and sold old one so that was my choice. Only have used the Jayco 4 days total now the weather is not being cooperative so we shall see when we get to use it more. I will say it has been thru a 3 inch rain with no leaks, this was driven by 60mph wind and then the tornado warning and small hail and all is good. Good luck waiting is the hard part to do I can vouch for that....
Old 12-01-2019, 11:27 AM   #8

Thanks for the info. Our previous Jayco experiences were with a 2005 jay feather sport, 165 and later a 2008 jay feather sport 197. Both travelled over 20,000 miles each and stood up fairly well for very basic units at the time. The new one seems very "plush" in comparison. Have a great summer and let us know how it works out after a few trips.
Old 12-17-2019, 01:13 PM   #9

Greetings all. New to the forms and new to owning a travel trailer.
We just picked up a 2020 17RD at our local dealer. That model, and others seem to be in good supply there an elsewhere, at least on the West Coast. Good luck!
PoulsboJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 05:03 PM   #10

Welcome to the "rv world" and hope you only have the best of experiences in your travels!!
Old 12-18-2019, 09:55 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoulsboJohnny View Post
Greetings all. New to the forms and new to owning a travel trailer.
We just picked up a 2020 17RD at our local dealer. That model, and others seem to be in good supply there an elsewhere, at least on the West Coast. Good luck!
The reason we had to order it was we wanted Modern Farmhouse White and the u-shaped dinette all of them we saw seemed to be the J sofa. We got a better price than any that we did find and got the extras we wanted and the stuff we did not want was left off. We did order with 50amp service as we may want to run a bit of extra stuff sometimes that and the 15k AC. Not our first RV so kind of had an idea what we wanted. It is however our first Jayco and we have had 5th wheel, popup, motorhomes and this is second TT.
Enjoy you RV
Old 12-18-2019, 09:57 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmago View Post
Welcome to the "rv world" and hope you only have the best of experiences in your travels!!
Not exactly new to RV world but new to Jayco have had Keystone, Winnbago, Four Winns, and Gulfstream products hoping that this unit is as reliable as the others were, well the Four Winns on Ford Chassis did have the Ford brake issues. But hey it is an RV so onward and upward. Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:29 AM   #13

@Jolvi
Ah, that makes sense. Good to get what you want for sure. Our first TT, so bog standard and we'll see how we get on with it. But, having had a very small space on a boat for overnighters and daily use, I have a pretty good idea of space requirements. The rest remains to be seen!
PoulsboJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote