Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-31-2011, 09:04 AM   #1

New Jayco Jayfeather X23B

In one word, "Excellent"

Took the trailer to Ocean Shores this weekend, amidst Washington States unpredictable weather, driving/towing and camping was excellent. We've been "tent" campers" for years, and making the switch was only a matter of time!

The X23B has everything and then some; it was a bit too much when folks strolled by and seen that we pulled it (4200 lb light) with our 2003 Jeep Liberty. They could not believe it.

Backing in, Leveling, Hooking up was all common sense, and I paid attention to the walkthrough our dealer provided, and asked a ton of questions, knowing there would be things I would forget, or need the manual! I’m lucky enough to have a good neighbor at our overflow parking that has a pull trailer and help me back her in the first time (sharp turn), and level. There are good people in the world! It all takes time, and I am sure I will get faster, but no need to rush when it comes to safety of the family, and those around us.

I think having the EZtow, and sway control, with the brake controls installed and mounted must really pay off. Sure, it used more gas, but giving us the freedom to park the trailer, unhitch, make errands, or run into town (which we really did not need too) was all too easy. I had two great experiences, one was walking the dog in the site’s circle looking at all the “tent” campers, saying….****, they will be where I am one day, and appreciating years of tenting; two – the “rednecks” (no offense) in Belfair, who were behind me a few miles when driving on North HWY3, who caught up at a stoplight, were able to pull alongside us and yell in absurdity...“Hey, get a bigger car!”. We laughed so much! Luckily my wife, kids and I don’t get offended by hicks in Belfair! It’s Belfair! You gotta feel sorry for them! LOL!

Can’t wait for the next trip! Lightweight is the way to go!
torsiondrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:16 AM   #2

Love hearing all these first reports today! Glad you all had a good time.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #3

I also am glad your trip was a success, I also hope that your Liberty had the max 5000 lb tow package just so it can make many more trips.