Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-24-2019, 03:39 PM   #1

New x213 - advice/mods?

We will be picking up our almost new 2018 x213 in a week! At the last second we swerved from our deal on a Hummingbird. The 2nd axle, dry bath, proper fridge, dual sink and king bed pulled us over to the dark side. Everything has happened rather quickly. Does anyone have any good advice for a soon to be new owner of this model? Any recommended mods or advice on this trailers quirks/charms would be appreciated!
phrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:01 PM   #2

I don't have any mods but we love ours. We bought ours used as well. It had only been used 3 times in one year. Our layout has the 4 bunks up front instead of 2. The only mod I would like to figure out is how to support the bed when slide in. We stopped overnight at a cracker barrel and the wife did not like sliding out the bed. We had to due to the low weight restrictions when it is slide in. Hopefully someone out there can help us both!
Mustang828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang828 View Post
I don't have any mods but we love ours. We bought ours used as well. It had only been used 3 times in one year. Our layout has the 4 bunks up front instead of 2. The only mod I would like to figure out is how to support the bed when slide in. We stopped overnight at a cracker barrel and the wife did not like sliding out the bed. We had to due to the low weight restrictions when it is slide in. Hopefully someone out there can help us both!
I thought that the weight restriction was 1000lbs either extracted or not (there is a smaller restriction of around 100lbs I think while it is in motion), but I didn't think it was an issue if it was in or out.

I'm bringing my trailer (x213) home this weekend so I'll see if I can find anything about that when I have it home.
2009 Jayco 1206 Tent Trailer (sold)
paul_ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrench View Post
We will be picking up our almost new 2018 x213 in a week! At the last second we swerved from our deal on a Hummingbird. The 2nd axle, dry bath, proper fridge, dual sink and king bed pulled us over to the dark side. Everything has happened rather quickly. Does anyone have any good advice for a soon to be new owner of this model? Any recommended mods or advice on this trailers quirks/charms would be appreciated!
We have a 2016 x213 (which we got used), and love it.

Definite mod (if you are using the top bunk) is to get/make a bunk ladder. If you want to make one, search around for some examples on here. This is the one that I made: Jayco X213 Bunk Ladder – Restricted Ayerspace

I also put some led light strips in the pantry shelves, as they were very deep and hard to see in the back.

Happy Camping!
2009 Jayco 1206 Tent Trailer (sold)
paul_ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:15 PM   #5

Thanks. I pick it up in a week. Looking forward to the mods and I might even take it out of the driveway occasionally!
phrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:54 PM   #6

Out x213 Mods

We have an older x213 and I just posted most of my mods in the Jayco Mods section of this forum

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ods-66535.html

I agree that the most useful mods were lighting for the cupboards and a ladder for the bunk (if you use it).
RobertC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrench View Post
We got our 2019 x213 in April. So far, the only issue is that my 14 year old son doesn't like the top bunk, feels too small and coffin-like. I'd like to lower it a bit, because we don't use the bike storage area below, however, haven't tackled that project yet.

Second, the "enclosed" underbelly has plenty of space for rodents to get in and make a nice house, it is especially loose at the corners. I could stick my whole hand through it easily. I tried to remedy the situation with sprayfoam and gorilla tape. We'll see if it helps.

First mod I did was install 12 V USB ports and a volt meter to check battery status. Could tap in easily to the 12 V line from the CO detector.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190504_142533.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	51068
sciencenerd is offline   Reply With Quote