Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #1

New X213 - Couple questions

Just picked up my new X213 - love it. Great floorplan - will be taking it out for the maiden trip over Memorial Day Weekend.

A couple of questions -

- I have the tech package which came with a TV - all works great, but the mount that the TV sits on only goes side to side - so when I'm standing up, TV looks great, from the sofa or dining room table - not so much.... is there another stand that I can buy to relplace it, or am I missing something that will allow it to tilt forward so we can watch it from the sitting position.

- I have not yet pulled the power cord all the way out - how long is it?

So far in our tests in the driveway - everything is working great....

thanks
MPLARRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPLARRY View Post
Just picked up my new X213 - love it. Great floorplan - will be taking it out for the maiden trip over Memorial Day Weekend.

A couple of questions -

- I have the tech package which came with a TV - all works great, but the mount that the TV sits on only goes side to side - so when I'm standing up, TV looks great, from the sofa or dining room table - not so much.... is there another stand that I can buy to relplace it, or am I missing something that will allow it to tilt forward so we can watch it from the sitting position.

- I have not yet pulled the power cord all the way out - how long is it?

So far in our tests in the driveway - everything is working great....

thanks
I know your what you mean.....it would be nice to get one the can swivel and tilt. The mount that is there is designed to keep the tv in one place while travelling. On another note though....switch your stereo to aux and the sound from the tv will come out of the overhead speakers I never pulled the power cable out too far yet but it looks at least 15 ft. I only pulled it far enough to hook to my generator. Did you get yours de-winterized? There are 2 covers under the dinette seating which will require a number 2 philips screw drive to remove the 2 screw holding each cover on. One for the holding tank and one for the hot water tank. Make sure the bypass valves are closed for the systems to operate correctly thru the water pump. The only thing that I didn't like about the trailer after I bought it was the noise from the waterpump. I think that Jayco could have done a better job insulating the sound. Also, if you have the aluminum rims......check it for corrosion. I just found a little corrosion near the center hub on the passenger side....I will be towing it to the dealer for rim replacement.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #3

congrats on the new 213. we realy like ours to
Riverbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #4

Can't answer your questions but would like to welcome you to the JOF and encourage you to come back and share your experiences with other members here
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #5

TV mount just moves side to side, can't tilt it. I haven't looked into any different ones yet. As for the power cord, I think it is 30 feet, but I could be wrong.
OffTheGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #6

I sit on my couch and can see my tv just fine
Riverbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #7

We have no problem with the TV picture in our 2011 X213. It looks fine both from the sofa and th ebed.
fochman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #8

Sorry, power cord is 25 feet. Just measured it.
OffTheGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheGround View Post
Sorry, power cord is 25 feet. Just measured it.

Thanks!!
Old 05-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fochman View Post
We have no problem with the TV picture in our 2011 X213. It looks fine both from the sofa and th ebed.

I'll try it out again this weekend - mine tv only looks good straight on, any angle and the picture is not good at all.

thanks
Old 05-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerncanuck View Post
I know your what you mean.....it would be nice to get one the can swivel and tilt. The mount that is there is designed to keep the tv in one place while travelling. On another note though....switch your stereo to aux and the sound from the tv will come out of the overhead speakers I never pulled the power cable out too far yet but it looks at least 15 ft. I only pulled it far enough to hook to my generator. Did you get yours de-winterized? There are 2 covers under the dinette seating which will require a number 2 philips screw drive to remove the 2 screw holding each cover on. One for the holding tank and one for the hot water tank. Make sure the bypass valves are closed for the systems to operate correctly thru the water pump. The only thing that I didn't like about the trailer after I bought it was the noise from the waterpump. I think that Jayco could have done a better job insulating the sound. Also, if you have the aluminum rims......check it for corrosion. I just found a little corrosion near the center hub on the passenger side....I will be towing it to the dealer for rim replacement.

Great tips. Thanks
Old 05-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #12

Different TV manf have different specs on viewing from a side angle. Mine is the 22-inch VIZIO HDTV lcd monitor. It does pretty good viewing from the side. On mine the problem is up and down viewing. I have to point it down more to see it real good. My mount allows for this adjustment. If your mount just connects direclty to the four screws in the back I think they sell an adapter that you can move up and down with.

Check with WALMART as they have a whole wall full of mounting adapters. I was thinking of something like this to use with your present wall adapter.

This adapter would make for a great quick disconnect for your mounted TV as well. Loosen the two screws in the slot and remove the two other screws then you could just lift out the light weight monitor if you wanted to take it down for travel or storage modes.
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #13

Thanks for the advice on the mounts - you are right, the TV is just not that high quality in regards to viewing angles - anything other than straight on is not even worth watching.

thanks