Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlindsay001 View Post
Yes, the mfg date is on the side. I just jacked it up, no noticeable wobble, possibly a tiny amount of play but not sure. I called jayco, they referred me to Dexter axle and gave me the name of the woman handling the recall. I left her a message to call me as she is supposed to have an idea which serial numbers of axles are being recalled.
dlindsay001,
Could you please provide the number you called and the name of the woman?

Thanks

Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #12

Had bearings replaced and still have play in the wheels, can wiggle them slightly, dealer says they are within specs, my mechanic says no, I have e mailed Dexter for their opinion but have not yet received an answer.. will update when I have an answer, this is a real bummer, we bought a new tt so we would not have a lot a mechanical issues, I guess the joke is on us, but we are not laughing anymore........happy camping!

bayleightucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #13

Russell - I can't remember her name, I called the dexter axle phone number on their website and was transferred to her. Haven't heard back yet. Good luck.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #14

I spoke to Dexter Axle today. I was given lot numbers of the axles that are going to be recalled. They are 129730674, 129743994, 129749447, 129774623. This number is stamped on the back side of the axle. I just went and looked at my axle and it is not one of the recalled axles!!!!! I hope this helps relieve some anxiety for those of you with SLX's. I am going to go ahead with our trip this weekend.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #15

Thanks!
LBL 1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #16

Thanks dlindsay001. I will be checking this tonight.
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlindsay001 View Post
I spoke to Dexter Axle today. I was given lot numbers of the axles that are going to be recalled. They are 129730674, 129743994, 129749447, 129774623. This number is stamped on the back side of the axle. I just went and looked at my axle and it is not one of the recalled axles!!!!! I hope this helps relieve some anxiety for those of you with SLX's. I am going to go ahead with our trip this weekend.
I'm good X2. Jayco told me I was clear and the info above does also. However, my numbers aren't stamped but they are on a sticker w/date, Jayco , and the lot numbers.
Anyways, I feel some relief.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #18

I'm still trying to get mine sorted out. Jayco seems to be pushing this issue off on Dexter Axle. If you call Jayco they will need to trailer's Serial #, not the VIN #. It only takes them a minute a they can tell you the exact manufacture date. Of course mine was built 6 days prior to the recall start date. Lucky me. Jayco still says I may have one of the bad axles and should have my trailer inspected for it. The trouble I'm now having is that my dealer says they can't do warranty work without me recvg. a recall letter from Jayco. I won't be getting one because of the manufacture date of my trailer. I sent a copy of the Jayco email telling me to get it checked and am waiting for their reply.
micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by micron View Post
I'm still trying to get mine sorted out. Jayco seems to be pushing this issue off on Dexter Axle. If you call Jayco they will need to trailer's Serial #, not the VIN #. It only takes them a minute a they can tell you the exact manufacture date. Of course mine was built 6 days prior to the recall start date. Lucky me. Jayco still says I may have one of the bad axles and should have my trailer inspected for it. The trouble I'm now having is that my dealer says they can't do warranty work without me recvg. a recall letter from Jayco. I won't be getting one because of the manufacture date of my trailer. I sent a copy of the Jayco email telling me to get it checked and am waiting for their reply.

have you checked the serial number on your axle? somewhere on here the recalled batch numbers were posted.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #20

The easiest thing to do is to check on the axle itself for a sticker. Copy all of the #s off the sticker or look on the axle for the stamped serial #. Email the numbers to Dexter Axle and they will let you know pretty quickly if your axle is part of the group involved in the recall.

micron is offline   Reply With Quote