Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2014, 08:48 PM   #1

Norcold refrigerator door will not close

I will try and explain this problem as best as I can. Here's my story.

I opened up my trailer for the season not too long ago and found that I can not shut my refrigerator door. Upon further inspection I have noticed that the hard plastic molding on the door of the fridge that makes up the shelving seems to have bulged out downward on the very bottom of the door. I can force the door closed, but it's obviously going to break if I do this repeatedly. This is our 4th season with the trailer and haven't had a single problem with the Fridge so far. Anyone had this issue? Do you have a fix? I really don't want to replace the door. I am wondering if I heat the plastic and try and push it back up will that work? The plastic is not compromised or cracked anywhere.

This is a Norcold fridge, model #N611RT

I live in Ontario Canada so the trailer is only used during the warm months and stored during the cold months. I always leave the fridge and freezer door open when the fridge is turned off and in storage for the winter.

Any info yous guys could pass on would be great. I could not find any like problems when I did a search of the forum.

Thanks

OffTheGround
OffTheGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:58 PM   #2

Link to Thetford / Norcold webpage, manual and parts lists for the N611....

http://www.thetford.com/HOME/PRODUCT...2/Default.aspx
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:07 AM   #3

If its not covered under any sort of warranty I'd say try the re-heat method. Got a pic?
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #4

I have a picture, but you can't notice the problem by looking at it. I was only able to find the problem by running my hand along the underside and felt that it wasn't straight and true. I am going to tackle it with a heat gun tomorrow. I will update soon.

Thanks
Old 06-30-2014, 02:45 PM   #5

I gently squeezed the effected area along the bottom of the door. The foam backing under the hard plastic seemed to flatten out a bit. Plugged the fridge in and closed the door. I think when the fridge cooled off the foam constricted and stopped rubbing, and seems to work now. Hopefully that is the extent of the problem.