Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #1

Our Jay feather 228

So, after some headaches at the dealership Friday we FINALLY picked up our Jayfeather 228 on Saturday morning!!! Went Friday, late afternoon, to take delivery when I found that the assist handle we had installed did not fully hit the framing around the door. It was also six pm and they were not able to fix it before closing. We had to leave it for the night and return Saturday once they had fixed it up. Took it for a test tow and everything went great. Next up is to weigh the unit and make sure everything is setup correctly (using the measurement method, I am within a 1/2" of the original height). We have a tractor scale maintained by the provincial DOT a half hour north so we will head out there next weekend to weight axles and ensure everything is set right. Also after looking at the new window it occurred to me that I should of also ordered a curtain from Jayco! Have a nice big new window but no curtains for it. The parts department ordered a matching curtain so hopefully we will have it in a week or two. Included a couple of quick pics. Ryan
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1098.jpg   IMG_1100.jpg  
Ry-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #2

good pictures!! i like your window too! does it open for storage?? we keep our thetford 35 gal. tote in there (its huge not fun to carry thought the inside of the camper) for now and like to use it for storing while traveling is all. also looks like your grille mount is on the other side. im also interested in what size grey and black tanks you got. they have the size stamped on the bottom of them. had to edit out the production date thing...i seen in a past post nov '11.
glad you got her home!!! well be going for our third trip...about 150mi. round trip this upcoming weekend. all is going great. so far. were going up near erie pa memorial day thatll be our first long trip, around 900 miles round trip and myrtle beach for a week in june, about 630 miles round trip.
i love seeing other 228 owners pictures!

2012 Jay Feather Ultra Light 228
1200/12000lb e2 weight distribution(slight overkill)
2006 Toyota Sequoia
me wife 2 girls (3 & 9)
2 dogs a boxer and a bloodhound
ctsvslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #3

Unfortunately the window cannot open to allow for storage. It does have a nice slide to allow for fresh air but even with the screen out, it would not be big enough for storage. I'll check the tank sizes sometime in the next day or two and let you know. Need the next couple of days to pack everything into it and get organized. Hopefully we will be able to take it out for our first trip in two weeks (currently working two weekend shifts in a row ). Ryan
Ry-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:53 PM   #4

Congrats Ry looks killer, good luck with it.
Dogfather to Yoshi our rescue German Shepherd
and Alley our husky mix rescue
Lsuduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #5

yea I hear ya on the weekends!! I work every third weekend and have to pick up some every now and then.

2012 Jay Feather Ultra Light 228
1200/12000lb e2 weight distribution(slight overkill)
2006 Toyota Sequoia
me wife 2 girls (3 & 9)
2 dogs a boxer and a bloodhound
ctsvslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #6

Very nice Ry-guy. The window looks nice. How is she to pull? Can't wait for ours to get in so I can post some pics.

Jayco 228 is offline   Reply With Quote