Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-21-2014, 07:28 AM   #1

Outdoor Cooktop Won't Light

Hi there, I've been lurking on this site for a few months now, well since last November when we picked up our '14 WhiteHawk 33BHBS. Unfortunately, my first post deals with an issue we're having (we still love the trailer though!).

We're currently out on our 3rd trip with the trailer and all is fine except for the outdoor cooktop. I can not get it to light. I'm connecting to the LP port and the supply hose looks fine - no spiderwebs, kinks, etc. Also, all other gas appliances are working fine (water heater, inside stove). So it seems related to the cooktop itself, which is a Suburban model and was factory installed. Has anyone else experienced this? One thing I did notice is the cooktop has a regulator, which if I'm not mistaken would further impede gas flow given the port is already a low pressure connection. But they must know what they're doing at the factory right
Old 06-21-2014, 06:46 PM   #2

If there is a regulator on the tanks supplying the propane to the stove and a regulator on the stove you have one too many. The lines running trough your trailer to the furnace and inside stove are at reduced pressure and will not operate a device that has it's own regulator. The stove is likely made to be connected directly to a bottle and the regulator on the stove will reduce the line pressure to the lower level needed by the stove. If this stove was factory installed (including the gas connection) and the trailer is new it is time to visit your dealer and have the problem corrected under warranty.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:30 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I figured I'd have to get the dealer to address it.