Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-08-2017, 07:34 AM   #21
Fin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkstehn View Post
Same boat. Picking up a used 2014 sight unseen in OH in 2 weeks. I am traveling with my family on way to MA to live in trailer for 2 months on a working vacation. (I will be working, they will be able to be outside and enjoy the Cape instead of stuck inside with 108 degF days in Tucson).

Tell me the must haves for pulling in and setting/hooking up. Thinking sewer hose (how long?), extension cord (how long?), potable water hose, chocks and/or x-lock, and plastic bases fir stab jacks. Anything else?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Dog bones to adapt the extension cord to other receptacles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:18 AM   #22

Some ideas for you...

https://goo.gl/photos/sQzc7u2x4QYHzxir7
Sergeum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:15 PM   #23
Fin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeum View Post
Wow, there are some great ideas in here Sergeum, thanks. First one on my list is your sewage hose storage under the trailer. Very nice. Now just to figure out what I need to do it. lol

Cheers

Fin
Old 05-09-2017, 01:33 AM   #24

Quote:
Nice! Thanks

Jkstehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:37 PM   #25

Do the newer 213s not have the sewer hose compartment?
Old 05-10-2017, 08:17 PM   #26
Fin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
Do the newer 213s not have the sewer hose compartment?

No compartment really, just the rear bumper but I bought the Rhino sewer hose and the fittings are too large for it.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:22 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin View Post
No compartment really, just the rear bumper but I bought the Rhino sewer hose and the fittings are too large for it.

I thought so too...there was a little piece of welding slag in my tube I knocked out and then my hose fit.....but every trailer is built a little different. My rhinoflex fits tight in the bumper - I added a paracord pull to make it a little easier to pull out.
X213_2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:27 AM   #28

Quote:
Love the boxes - that's great. How many miles have you pulled your camper so far. I'm prepping for an epic US tour with mine and the family this summer....F150 5.0L V8. Any tips for the long hauls?
Old 05-16-2017, 08:46 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by X213_2015 View Post
Love the boxes - that's great. How many miles have you pulled your camper so far. I'm prepping for an epic US tour with mine and the family this summer....F150 5.0L V8. Any tips for the long hauls?
Haven't had too many long hauls so I can't help you there however from what I've noticed, certainly use the Tow/Haul mode, and, unless you have a tail wind, lock out sixth gear. I definitely recommend the RAS system. My Andersen No Sway isn't loaded as much and works much more efficiently. Other than maybe wanting more HP and Torque, it's a good TV/TT combination.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:21 PM   #30
Fin

Took out our x213 for its maiden run with the family this past weekend. We are so please with the trailer. Everything worked well and we were really happy with the few mods we did before heading out. The most important was swapping out the crappy analog thermostat with a heat only digital. Made our cold over night feel soooo much batter. Kids loved it, wife loved it and so do I.

Old 05-23-2017, 02:25 PM   #31
Fin

Quote:
I thought so too...there was a little piece of welding slag in my tube I knocked out and then my hose fit.....but every trailer is built a little different. My rhinoflex fits tight in the bumper - I added a paracord pull to make it a little easier to pull out.

I went back for another look and you are so right. Just slag bits inside. Chipped them out then the hose slides right in. I can leave the end fitting attached but not the fitting caps. Good enough for me though. Thanks for the heads up, I might not have taken another look.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:08 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin View Post

I thought the same thing but rotated the four teeth of the hose to fit in the corners of the bumper tube and it slides right in. I wouldn't think there are different sizes of Rhino connections/hoses but I could be wrong
Equal i zer 10k w/sway control
Wife, Kid, Entlebucher
EV4D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:13 PM   #33
Fin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV4D View Post
I thought the same thing but rotated the four teeth of the hose to fit in the corners of the bumper tube and it slides right in. I wouldn't think there are different sizes of Rhino connections/hoses but I could be wrong

Agreed. But I has some slag in there. Took a file to it and all was well.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:38 PM   #34

I recently picked up my used 2014 x213 and we have been in it for 3 weeks. At delivery inspection I found everything working. After towing from Cincinnati to Cape Cod the bathroom 12v circuit is dead. There is a warranty but I have to tow trailer about 60 miles. Fuse is good. No power at circuit board. Where do I start looking? I really would rather fix this myself than move the trailer which is our vacation home.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2017, 04:17 AM   #35

Quote:
I recently picked up my used 2014 x213 and we have been in it for 3 weeks. At delivery inspection I found everything working. After towing from Cincinnati to Cape Cod the bathroom 12v circuit is dead. There is a warranty but I have to tow trailer about 60 miles. Fuse is good. No power at circuit board. Where do I start looking? I really would rather fix this myself than move the trailer which is our vacation home.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Are other 12V circuits working (i.e. lights, antenna, awning/slide? And by no power at the circuit board? I wouldn't be surprised if the label on the panel didn't match the circuit. Check all the fuses.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:51 AM   #36

Quote:
Are other 12V circuits working (i.e. lights, antenna, awning/slide? And by no power at the circuit board? I wouldn't be surprised if the label on the panel didn't match the circuit. Check all the fuses.
Every other circuit works. I swapped fuses with working circuits and still get no power. With other circuits I get 12v when tested across fuse holder. 0v on bath circuit

Old 06-20-2017, 07:32 AM   #37

Open up the trim piece around the fan... you'll see the 12V supply wire up there in the roof cavity. See if there's anything obvious... maybe a staple cut the wire(s). Could be the connection behind the switch in the sink cabinet.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:17 AM   #38

Quote:
Every other circuit works. I swapped fuses with working circuits and still get no power. With other circuits I get 12v when tested across fuse holder. 0v on bath circuit

When you tested @ the board did you test both terminals of the fuse holder to ground and both show 0v. The next step would be to pull the bezel disconnect power and check the board for a broken solder joint. You could always find the bathroom circuit tap off another branch if that's the case. If you have 12V at both terminals of the fuse...the fault is in the wiring to the bathroom (likely a pulled off wire at the switch or the wire fell out of the screw terminal on the right of the board)...unless you have signs of rodents...then it might be a chewed through wire.

If you don't have 12V at both terminals on the fuse then there could be an open on the board or a cracked solder joint. You could disconnect power (at the wall and at the battery) & pull the board and inspect it. A burned up trace is easy to spot. Cracked solder joint not as easy sometimes. But re-flowing the joint on the fuse that shows the issue

On the attached image put your ground probe on the black terminal and check all the red terminals (assuming the blue wire is the bathroom fuse. They should all read 12V or so. If the red ones on the fuses don't all show 12V there is either an issue with the fuse or the board. Since you ruled out the fuse already by testing it in another socket that leaves the board.

Attached Thumbnails
DSC08702.jpg  
Old 07-31-2017, 08:34 PM   #39

X213 slide out bathroom fan

Need help with the fan in the bathroom of my X213.
Just have it one week and forgot where the main switch is to power it up.
Will go on a shake down trip for a week end before taking it on a longer trip.
wvcmgbv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:38 PM   #40

x213, where is the switch to power the fan ? I found the one on the fan itself but I remember there is a main switch somewhere that need to be activated. New RV.
I didn't write down the details when the PDI was given. Sorry.
wvcmgbv8 is offline   Reply With Quote