Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2018, 04:12 PM   #1

Problems with 145RB

Being new to the rv world, I am glad I found this web site. I am having problems with a 145RB that I bought new in October of 2017, I have not even sleep in yet. I just got it back from the dealer where it was for 2 month getting warranty work done. Every time I turn around there is another issue/problem, I just notice now it leaking water from a window area. Is it me or is it normal to have all kinds of issue/problems with a new TT. Here is just a short list of things that been repaired or replaced.
1) All 3 tires replaced
2) Frame rewelded in spots
3) Trim around tub replaced and re caulked
4) Bathroom walls resquared so you can close bath door
5) Replaced one seat cushion
6) Bath mirror is not square ( dealer tried resquaring, but failed)
So is this normal? When and if I do get to use it I am afraid that I will find more new problems/issues. At this point I am really thinking about selling it before I even had a chance to use it. Has anybody else experience this many problems with a TT that is brand new?
way2deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 04:39 PM   #2

Neither of the Jayco's I have owned needed warranty work. Hopefully they'll get you all fixed up and you won't have any issues down the road.

And welcome to the forum!
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 01:47 PM   #3

Problems with 145RB

We own a 2016 145RB. Have had no problems other then the holding tank gauges not giving an accurate reading. Dealer told us that is normal especially with such small capacity tanks. We have had the TT long enough to judge when the holding tanks are getting full. We added a power vent fan to the bathroom and stabilizer jacks to the front. We really are enjoying the TT.
Sounds like you bought a bad production model. All mass produced products will have these problems occasionally, even Jayco. Hope you get your problems fixed.

Astronuts
Astronuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:04 PM   #4

We have a 2013 145RB. We did have a problem with leaking from the wallmount A/C over the window but got that solved with the dealer. I believe later model 145's resolved this issue. I have also run clear sealant over the top edge (window frame to aluminum siding) on all windows. Otherwise no problems. Unfortunately sounds like you got a unit made on a Friday. I'm hoping all issues are fixed for you and you will be able to get in some good camping this coming season.
Tiguan Tow r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:45 AM   #5

Our 195rb had issues right off the bat. Bed cracked, outside door needed adjusting, excessive caulk on roof around antenna mount wouldn't let us turn it. It is a 2015 and now it has developed a leak where the awning meets the trailer. Just a lot of little things that has soured me on Jayco.
Kozmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by way2deep View Post
Being new to the rv world, I am glad I found this web site. I am having problems with a 145RB that I bought new in October of 2017, I have not even sleep in yet. I just got it back from the dealer where it was for 2 month getting warranty work done. Every time I turn around there is another issue/problem, I just notice now it leaking water from a window area. Is it me or is it normal to have all kinds of issue/problems with a new TT. Here is just a short list of things that been repaired or replaced.
1) All 3 tires replaced
2) Frame rewelded in spots
3) Trim around tub replaced and re caulked
4) Bathroom walls resquared so you can close bath door
5) Replaced one seat cushion
6) Bath mirror is not square ( dealer tried resquaring, but failed)
So is this normal? When and if I do get to use it I am afraid that I will find more new problems/issues. At this point I am really thinking about selling it before I even had a chance to use it. Has anybody else experience this many problems with a TT that is brand new?
#1) You do not specify what the issue with the tires where. But I use to travel a lot for work along I90, and would see a lot of transporters. Typically they would have the TT or 5ver's nose way high. Which adds a lot of stress to the rear tires, shortening there life.

#3-6 I would say can be a normal issue. These units are all hand made.

#2 would concern me. I would love to hear what the issue is/was with the frame. Did the frame manufacture recommend the repair? Or did the dealer just fix it? A few years ago some of the big 5vers had issues with the outriggers bending. From what I heard, Jayco and the frame manufactures stepped up and fixed the issues. Depending on what the frame issues we, I wonder if it had any affect on the axles, which would affect the tires. A good welder can fix the frame as good or better than new.

Good Luck

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:18 PM   #7

We have nothing but problems with are 16 Eagle 321 RSTS 28 months worth.My only suggestion do not cut the dealer any slack.When camper goes in for warranty call Jayco direct to make sure dealer is turning in all your warranty!RV dealers make more money on some repairs than others.So we caught them only turning about half our request.With your tires was it a problem with axle alignment?We currently have two bad axles on our camper.
Attached Thumbnails
100_0357.1584.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 03:55 PM   #8

My 145RB is going back to the dealer in October. I noticed a space differential top of the tire to wheel well from right to left side. I thought it might be the suspension or axle. Both fine. I opened the right cargo door and noticed the floor sagged about an inch along with the wheel well box. The interior side panel is also buckled on both sides. Everything from the frame up is fine.