Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #1

Question - Cable / TV set up for 184bh SLX

Question - does anyone have an SLX (or any other for that matter) that they ran a cable hook up and tv into? The cable port is only to connect to the antenna on roof - no way to attach cable from a campsite to a tv. Wanted to see if anyone has run their own cable or maybe if even a way to tap in to the existing outlet without ripping walls, etc.
bench724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #2

I have been looking (thinking) about this as well. The biggest thing for me with the 184BH would be finding a way to route that cable to the back side of the camper. It would be easy to run the cable through the wall on the door side, but that doesn't help much.

I think just adding in an extra outlet near the sink/fridge and using one of these http://www.amazon.com/Pack-Flat-Coax...ywords=rv+coax to go behind the counter.

I was also thinking that going through the cabinet above the counter, across the back of the microwave and down through the wardrobe/pantry to the floor, then across the bottom, then installing the outlet on the back side.

It would be a lot of work and I just dont know if it is worth it.

It is kind of frustrating. It would have cost Jayco $3 to install this when it was being made. REALLY? The could have ran the wiring as sold their own kit to finish it for $50 and people would have paid it.

X

2017 Jayco 287BHSW
xkuzme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #3

I hear you there. Another member sent me some pics of his set up - put outlet near furnace and ran cable through shore power outlet. Has it velcroed to shore power cord so when he pulls that out it also pulls the cable out. Pretty simple although if you have your tv on kitchen counter, you still have to plug a cable from one side of interior to other (with 2 small kids and a dog this may not be best bet). I am tinkering with some thoughts on adding the outlet as above but maybe running / hiding cable somewhere along camper interior - not sure if all worth it. With streaming capability on ipad getting better and better (still need college football!) I may just skip it all together.
bench724 is offline   Reply With Quote