Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-05-2021, 09:00 AM   #1

Removal of belly cover

I have a 2007 Jayfeather LGT 29N and need to access the underside to fix a wiring issue.

Does anybody have any experience in removing the underbelly cover that can offer some advice? Specifically I need to access the marker and tail light wiring, wondering if anyone has done this and does the entire underbelly cover need to be removed or just one side.

Does anyone know exactly where the junction box for the tow wiring is? I see a square access panel near the front on the underside belly cover and think the junction box might be in there but didn’t have time to check it out on the weekend.
Nerds 2 You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 09:32 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerds 2 You View Post
I have a 2007 Jayfeather LGT 29N and need to access the underside to fix a wiring issue.

Does anybody have any experience in removing the underbelly cover that can offer some advice? Specifically I need to access the marker and tail light wiring, wondering if anyone has done this and does the entire underbelly cover need to be removed or just one side.

Does anyone know exactly where the junction box for the tow wiring is? I see a square access panel near the front on the underside belly cover and think the junction box might be in there but didn’t have time to check it out on the weekend.
Are you talking about the Coroplast (the corrugated, semi-rigid plastic) or are you talking about the thin, plastic woven lining that holds the insulation in place?

Your tow wiring can be found by following your 7-pin trailer connector cable back to the junction box. If you're having continuity problems, that junction box is a good place to look. They can contain bad or corroded connections.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post853502

Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 05:53 AM   #3

The underbelly of my unit is the corrugated type plastic. Looks as though there were some repairs needed in a few different areas and it looks like they just used a utility knife and cut out an access panel to where they needed to get at. Once they were done, they used a heavy duty tape to put it back up, along with some screws if there was something to screw to. Hope this helps. Good luck!

2018 Jayco White Hawk 31BH 34'
2004 Surveyor by Forest River 29'
1996 Coachman Catalina 25'
2002 Jayco 12UTD PopUp
TrashMan Videos
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, removal, tow wiring, underbelly