Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-19-2022, 01:15 AM   #1

Question Replaced battery, need to replace Converter

The trailer is a 2005 Jayco Jay Feather 26S LGT

I had problems with the Lead Acid battery, so I replaced it with a Battle Born Batteries LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery - 100Ah 12v. A week later the battery died, I keep it plugged into an AC 120v outlet full-time, so was expecting the converter to keep it charged. But about a week later, the battery ended up completely dead. Testing everything I found out that my converter is dead. It had worked previously on/off on the Lead Acid, but I guess part of that battery problem was the converter wasn't working anymore.

Now that I have a LiFePO4 battery I need to get a better converter for the replacement and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

ps. I could have just replaced the battery with another Lead Acid, but I wanted to test and check out the Battleborns as I'm planning on ordering more later and going 100% off-grid solar with them. But due to the high cost of the batteries, that's a ways down the road at the moment and I need to get a converter soon.
LordJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 05:26 AM   #2

Not sure of what brand converter you have or it's specs, but usually the converter section is replaceable. Just get a lithium compatible one.

https://www.progressivedyn.com/lithi...acement-units/
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 02:40 PM   #3

Thanks for the suggestion. I just went onto Battleborns website and found this one which I think should work as the trailer is on a 30amp system.

Progressive Dynamics 30Amp LiFePO4 Converter Charger
LordJR is offline   Reply With Quote