Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-28-2012, 06:47 AM   #1

replacing small tilt out window

Hello all, new member here. I have a 2006 jayfeather 27P that has the large window looking into the dinner table next to the door. has anybody replaced the smaller window below it that tilts out and has the screen. Some looser pulled it outward and pushed the screen in to see if they could get inside i guess while it is parked in my driveway. The rivets that hold the crank mechanism to open/close window got pulled out from the window frame itself. Not sure if i can drill new holes in different location or if that would change the crank angle and not allow it to open correctly. I have not looked at it to close yet to see if this part of the window can be replace or if the entire window is one unit. Any advice is welcomed. Thanks.
nunsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #2

Fixed

I ended up drilling new holes for the hinge mechanism to rivet into above the original holes. The window does not open as far out but it does shut tight like it should. If I was to do it again, I think I would have drilled the holes on the shorter side or below the original windows to aviod the slight bumpout of the metal that held the original rivet. I went to a Jayco dealer around me and they said I could not get the small window, I would have to purchase the entire window for around $250. No thanks. Hopefully nobody else has this problem.
nunsie is offline   Reply With Quote