Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-16-2012, 06:43 AM   #1

Screen door latch question

I have a swift SLX and my screen door does not close - latch does not catch the door jam area. My question: is there supposed to be a piece in the door jamb for latch to catch on? Mine just has small slit in metal and metal is slightly raised in door jamb but not enough for the latch to catch and hold door closed. If I try to pry open further I will bend the door frame in that area. After looking at the slit, it looks like maybe a latch catch could possibly have been there and fell out. Ours is less than year old and always had problem - now I am guessing we may be missing a part - any thoughts?

Thanks
bench724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:11 AM   #2

Not sure with out looking at a pic but on our 165 the door and screen would not open as one unit and always had to push on the screen door. adjusted the screen handle keeper on the door further down which resolved out problem. I believe there should be a plastic lip piece on the door frame where the screen door catches on.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #3

I had the same problem. I took a 1/4 inch long round head metal screw and screwed it just behind that metal lip that catches the door latch/handle.
Works really well and better than that lip.
LBL 1206 is offline   Reply With Quote