Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-26-2019, 07:54 PM   #1

Shakedown trip for our 2012 154BH

We just spent the last two days camping with our daughter and her family; they tented and we had our 154BH. Unfortunately it rained for 2 days, so we crammed all 5 of them and the two of us around the dinette table; tight but duable for dinner, games, etc. It was cozy but fun.
The only issue we had was that the furnace wound not turn on. We had propane on and the stove worked so that wasn't the issue. I checked the fuses, and all was good there as well. I mentioned the issue with a fellow camper and he said he had the same issue when it rained or if he power washed his unit (not a Jayco). He said that his furnace would not come at time when it was raining; his thought was that moisture prevented the furnace from lighting. I doubt this would be an issue but has anyone else run across this? The furnace did work when we viewed the unit when we bought it last month.
Robbie1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:55 AM   #2

Could be the thermo couple is bad. Strange how it worked when you purchased it. Was it trying to light, could you hear the igniter clicking. Have you tried using it since you got home. Congrats on your NTY camper. Safe travels Happy Camping
Debdon Journeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 08:32 AM   #3

We could not hear it even trying to light; it wasn't even trying from what I could tell. Not sure where the thermo coupler is but will see if I can research it. Thanks for your tip!
Old 05-30-2019, 09:27 AM   #4

Thermocouples are easy to replace and inexpensive. Look up the model of your heater and they are probably on Amazon like everything else. The nice thing about the JayFlight SLX series its fairly easy to work on. That's why we got the 145RB
Debdon Journeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:30 AM   #5

Did it blow air to purge the system and then turn off without trying to ignite? We had this issue with our 2018 174BH. Turned out that the sail switch had collected dust and wouldn't flip properly to signal that there was air flow.
distracto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 11:11 AM   #6

if the battery is low the furnace won't light.. It is a BIG draw.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:30 PM   #7

No, it didn't do anything at all. I pushed the reset switch and turned it back on but nothing at all. Again, propane was flowing for the stove so that wasn't an issue. I'll keep working on it to see if I can find the issue.