Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-12-2018, 11:11 AM   #1

slide motor problem with x213

I have a 2017 x213 just over a year old and am having to replace the bedroom slide motor. Have any of you x213 owners had the same issue? When I talked to the rv mechanic he said the weight of the bed on the lippert frame is way to heavy for the size of the motor. I talked to the lippert customer service unit and they stated that the motor is designed to carry so much weight on its frame. My second question is, do the engineers from jayco work with the engineers from lippert to ensure that the weight parameters are sufficient to not over stress the motor? Jayco customer service stated that the bed will hold 1000 lbs when extended which sounds sufficient. However, how much weight will the bed hold when sliding in and out of the trailer and not harm the motor? There seems to be a big difference in the weight tolerance. I would appreciate any comments on this. Thanks. Frank
franks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:50 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by franks View Post
I have a 2017 x213 just over a year old and am having to replace the bedroom slide motor. Have any of you x213 owners had the same issue? When I talked to the rv mechanic he said the weight of the bed on the lippert frame is way to heavy for the size of the motor. I talked to the lippert customer service unit and they stated that the motor is designed to carry so much weight on its frame. My second question is, do the engineers from jayco work with the engineers from lippert to ensure that the weight parameters are sufficient to not over stress the motor? Jayco customer service stated that the bed will hold 1000 lbs when extended which sounds sufficient. However, how much weight will the bed hold when sliding in and out of the trailer and not harm the motor? There seems to be a big difference in the weight tolerance. I would appreciate any comments on this. Thanks. Frank
No issues with our slide, we always made sure our trailer was level before deploying. Make sure your battery is fully charged as well or better yet, plugged into power.