Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-05-2020, 08:30 PM   #1

Slide out question

So when I run my slide in or out on my 2016 DSRL, it squeals like crazy. So I searched my owners manual for a fix and it basically says that they are pretty much maintenance free and surely not to spray any lubes on the two support bars on the slide. So am I to take it as this noise is a normal thing or am I missing something. I'd love to discover a way to quiet it down if I could. Any suggestions guys?
bradw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 07:36 AM   #2

My 2007 Jay Feather 29N does the same thing, I read that it lubricates itself but I really hate the noise and am also looking for a way to quiet it down if anyone has a suggestion.
Nerds 2 You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 08:08 AM   #3

I found this on the Lippert website, I am not 100% sure if this is the type of slide that is used but it looks a lot like what I have in my unit.

The Lippert Embedded Rack Slide-Out System has been designed to require very little maintenance. To ensure the
long life of your slide-out system, read and follow these few simple procedures.
Fig. 3
Do not work on your slide-out system unless the battery is disconnected. Failure to act in accordance
with the following may result in death or serious personal injury.
1. When the room is out, visually inspect the Inner (Fig. 3A) and Outer (Fig. 3B) Rail Assemblies. Check for
excess build-up of dirt or other foreign material; remove any debris that may be present.
2. If the system squeaks or makes any noises it is permissible to apply a coat of lightweight oil to the drive
shaft and roller areas but remove any excess oil so dirt and debris do not build-up. DO NOT use grease
Nerds 2 You is offline   Reply With Quote