Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2016, 03:08 PM   #1

slight bed mod to 165 sport

here's the bed modification I did after completely disassembling the interior, replacing the subfloor and floor, then re assembling. I removed the bunk and cabinet, cut the wall down and back, and re routed the wires .i mounted the light on the front of the wall. the upper bunk light now lights the whole area, there are 2 windows for ventilation, and it feels much more open. I spent seven months through the winter and spring on the whole project. at 66 this was going to be my escape to california where my son is that ...didn't happen ..I've never even used the trailer this year it's now for sale
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00448.JPG  
rewcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:23 PM   #2

old photo..i have since added a 12" deep shelf using the upholstered edge from the bunk to keep things up there
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00593.JPG  
Old 09-14-2016, 09:01 AM   #3

That is fantastic! I have been wondering if a person could take out the top bunk. Your remod is extensive, I wonder if you can just remove the top bunk. Was it difficult to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thepoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:39 PM   #4

not hard...it's not too long ago, but I can't remember what sequence it was. I think 1/4 " lauan under the bed. the upholstered piece screwed in through the face, and the frame screwed in to the walls. the bed is 1/2" mahogany plywood, and I actually cut it in half across the middle as I couldn't lift / get it out whole, before I cut the wall back.. the dinette table holder is under there too. it makes a njce difference though