Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2017, 09:49 PM   #1

Solera Awning with Speakers

So we went for our first trip this past weekend and I was quite annoyed since one of our Solera Awning speakers wasn't working. I attempted to adjust the stereo settings to see if it may have just not been set up right but nothing I could do would get the speaker to work. I am a little baffled as to why Jayco switched to these from the speakers mounted on the side of the trailer. Guess I'll be heading in for some warranty work sooner than I hoped.

mdeisenroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 03:25 AM   #2

Second putting with my new camper and awning speakers. My rear speaker will only work when the awning is up. It's a short for sure. I like the idea. With the awning out, it aims the speaker back towards the camper instead of sending the music out into the campground.

Gonna have to get this fixes though.

2017 Jayco 287BHSW
xkuzme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:12 AM   #3

The problem with awning speakers is that every time you extend/retract the awning, those speaker wire are bending. Even perhaps getting pinched. Not a good idea.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:27 PM   #4

[QUOTE]The problem with awning speakers is that every time you extend/retract the awning, those speaker wire are bending. Even perhaps getting pinched. Not a good idea. QUOTE]

Yep, mine only work when: 1.) the awing is out and 2.) the darn, cheap radio wants to work.
Paullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:16 PM   #5

So I lost a speaker, not sure if it was stolen, appeared the wires were cut or a tree took it off. Where is the best place to replace it? Here is a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9878.jpg  
asimms21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:12 PM   #6

Same thing happened to my 2017 174bh. I think they had a run of bad glue.
2liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:34 PM   #7

Good to know. I have the two year warranty and going to call them. After speaking with a neighbor we determined it was not stolen. Hope they replace it.
asimms21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:31 AM   #8

Yesterday, I tried using the outside speakers. I was in the 23RB doing another mod, while my wife was outside doing some yard work. I put in a CD and turned on the outside speakers so she could enjoy some music also.

Turns out the front awning speaker doesn't work. Only the read speaker was working.

Obviously, one outside speaker isn't enough to drive 100 miles to fix under warranty so I'll wait until January, when I take it in for an annual inspection.

If worse comes to worse, I may do like others have. Get a pair of Blue Tooth speakers and do outside music via Blue Tooth.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:39 PM   #9

Has anyone taken the actual speaker out to see what size it is. They are so crappy. I see some 2" speakers on amazon and am wondering if that's the right size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mistyinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:51 AM   #10

Has anyone replaced the awning speakers? If so, what size are they?
Gr23932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:20 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

My last trip out I only had 1 speaker working as well. When I took a pole to flip the awning flap down, bumped the awning arm near the speaker and it started working. Not a great design for sure. Try rapping the speaker lightly until you get it fixed.

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:45 AM   #12

Got the following answer:

"Good morning and thank you for contacting LCI. The speaker is 2.6" and the front cover is 5.5 w x 7.875, and the back cover is 5.5" W x 10.380. If you have any additional questions please reach out to us at 574-537-8900. Thank you."
Gr23932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:12 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
Personally, i don't really care for the new style awning. My 2017 still has the carefree electric awning, my brother's 18 has the new one .... i just think the carefree is a much sturdier assembly
Old 10-26-2017, 08:26 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycojay View Post
Personally, i don't really care for the new style awning......snip
X2

I'm not a fan of electric awnings and incorporating speakers in the awning just adds cost/time in maintaining the awning assembly...., especially for those of us that keep our RV's long after the warranty expires.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:27 PM   #15

awning speakers 2.6"

Wonder if these will work?

https://www.rocktheboatmarinestereo.com/html/62886.html
jomede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 11:27 PM   #16

Our 2017 28BHBE also has the Solara Awning speakers. From the time I took delivery last May, I've told the dealer there is a problem with the front speaker. It used to come on every once in a while, now it doesn't come on at all. I've had the trailer worked on three different times for warranty work and have mentioned the speaker each time but I still have the problem. The quality of the speakers when they are working is not good either. In order to have it loud enough to normal listening level outside, the inside is turned on to a very loud level. Yes, I know the inside can be turned off but shouldn't they be balanced closely?
I'd love to see if there is some sort of speaker I could replace them with?
baumer64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 08:20 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumer64 View Post
Our 2017 28BHBE also has the Solara Awning speakers. From the time I took delivery last May, I've told the dealer there is a problem with the front speaker. It used to come on every once in a while, now it doesn't come on at all. I've had the trailer worked on three different times for warranty work and have mentioned the speaker each time but I still have the problem. The quality of the speakers when they are working is not good either. In order to have it loud enough to normal listening level outside, the inside is turned on to a very loud level. Yes, I know the inside can be turned off but shouldn't they be balanced closely?
I'd love to see if there is some sort of speaker I could replace them with?
I have the same issues.. volume and intermittent. I discovered that if I pull the awning down (as if to tilt it so that it will drain), reach into the channel on the top, and jiggle the speaker wires, it will come on. I tried removing the speaker head and reconnecting the wires to the speaker, but that didnt fix the problem... it's still hit to miss.
Moseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 03:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moseh View Post
I have the same issues.. volume and intermittent. I discovered that if I pull the awning down (as if to tilt it so that it will drain), reach into the channel on the top, and jiggle the speaker wires, it will come on. I tried removing the speaker head and reconnecting the wires to the speaker, but that didnt fix the problem... it's still hit to miss.

x2
33RBTSFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 07:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moseh View Post
X3...nothing but junk !
o2silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:19 PM   #20

I have outside awning speakers. They work but I never use them. It seems earbuds are the norm these days with mom, pop and the kids all listening to the music they want to hear.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote