Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-01-2016, 11:03 AM   #1

Still going strong in the 145RB

Happy 4th of July all. Realized it's almost been 16 mos since I posted anything but I'm happy to say that me and the missus have been averaging at least one weekend a month out in God's country in our little tin tent.

It's been 18 mos since we left the tent and not one regret. As you can imagine we've done lots of personalizing and learning and I feel like I could probably right a small novella with what every new experience each trip has brought. Best mods have still been the axle flip, tire n wheel upgrade, led lights, memory foam mattress pad, solar panel and my personal favorite the outdoor shower (5 gallon bucket, forrest service provided water, usb charged water pump and shower head). Being 6'2 that SLX space is a little cramped.

Biggest desires; BIGGER tanks and more storage! We've already been looking at the next step up and walk around queen bed will be at the top of the list along with about a 3x increase in tank capacity. We still stay in NP or FS campgrounds almost exclusively and still spend almost all our time outside so we're looking at keeping it <25' and 6000#GVWR. But unless some great deal shows up we're in no hurry.

Hope you guys are taking advantage of the long weekend and getting out there with friends and family. We're heading back to the Mogollon Rim here in AZ to escape the PHX heat. Just there in May up in the ponderossa pines as you can see below. Take care.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2550[1].jpg   IMG_2546[1].jpg  
gpfox32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 04:48 PM   #2

I also did the axle flip on our 154BH, I relocated the battery to the rear (agm) and we are now looking to buy a 20 gallon tote to help with the small tanks... it will be store on the tongue where the battery was. We love our small trailer!
Old 07-01-2016, 06:34 PM   #3

AZ in May was wonderful. We too like our little tt. Gets us outside. Otherwise we be couch potatoes!

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 10:26 PM   #4

We love our 145rb also. Sadly, we have not used it as much as you have. But that hasn't stopped me from making numerous mods.
Homersimpson is offline   Reply With Quote