Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-03-2021, 08:08 PM   #1

Stove cover, cutting board

Since we have limited counter/prep space because our trailer is so small , I found that the stove takes up about 1/3 of it, which is unusable other than as a stove, so I made this “stove cover”. We always cook outdoors and have never used our stove and have no intention of doing so. So I got a cutting board ($25) and used so construction adhesive I had, and glued some cork feet ($2) onto the bottom, so they would set into the holes in the stove grates (not sure if that makes sense lol) I cut the cork out of some thick coasters I got from the dollar store. Then I made 4 more, one for each corner so it could be used as a regular cutting board and not be wobbly, the feet also allow the board to set down into the sink to be used as needed. I like it because I can put stuff on the stove area now, it’s added counter space , and my wife likes it as she can drop it into the sink, work on it, making sandwiches or cutting up veges then take it away and use it as a serving tray
Attached Thumbnails
06C5DBE0-A5A7-4A10-9BDA-3950A6E93048.jpg   CA86FB35-C420-4AB5-B3BB-BC5998DBC963.jpg   6E26E122-59F5-4F80-AEE9-DE1A6525D581.jpg  
Mr.O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 07:40 PM   #2

Very nicely done!
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 06:16 PM   #3

Great job! I had my nephew make me one to use in our 174BH. He is in the Navy, so when it got here, he had added a nice Seabee logo on it. but it works great. I had him make it tall enough and cut handles on the side so we can flip it over and use it for as a serving tray to carry things out to the picnic table from inside the camper.

Current Camper - 2019 Jayco 174BH
fisduki is offline   Reply With Quote