Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-22-2014, 06:47 PM   #1

Swift 24RBS

Any owners of this model on here that could offer their impressions?

I really like the layout and compared to the Whitehawk models, it's far more reasonably priced. I realize its not "top of the line" like the Whitehawk, but it seems to have all the features we want and for less money.

The one thing I wonder about is the aluminium exterior and it that's an issue. I honestly don't really understand the differences between some of these model lines so if anyone can shed some light, it would be most appreciated!

There will just be my husband and I (and our large dog) travelling in it. We have an F150 5.0litre V8 super cab with a 3:73 axle, so I think towing is ok.

We are totally confused about what to get. Are going back and forth between Jayco Whitehawk (24RKS & 23 MBH), Cougar 1/2 ton (24RKS); Springdale models, the JayFeather X213 and now the Jayco Swift line, which for some odd reason we hadn't looked at before! This is worse than buying a house! LOL

(PS: I honestly never dreamed this decision would be so hard! I think we may be in decision hell!)
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:48 PM   #2

We purchased the 24 rbs last spring and have used it on three occasions and love it. Very comfortable but yet not too large to tow as we take numerous short trips. We tow it with a F 150 5 litre v8 with a 3.53 rear axle and it pulls fine get around 11 - 12 mpg.

We had a jayco swift 165 slx but found it a little too small.

Good luck with your choice.
CampingNesslers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:20 PM   #3
Site Team

Well don`t let the aluminum siding stop you from buying it, they have been making them with it for many decades and some of the really old ones are still in service and look good. Here is a recent discussion on the siding choices.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...ghlight=siding
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote