Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-28-2017, 07:36 PM   #1

Tank monitor display quit working

Hello guys,any idea when we returned to the trailer tonight the wife noticed that I have one light lit on the tank monitor the one indicating Empty however none of the button works. Battery ok, water heater pump etc etc works , only the tanks level and battery charging condition dont work .The push button if you prefer

I opened the box and disconnected the elect. board wait for a minute for it to reset, plug again same problem one light on nothing else works , ground in tank wiring maybe ?
thanks for you suggestion

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:20 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the "Idiot lights don't work any longer" club (no offence intended, 60's term) . Ours became inaccurate within the first 6 months (4+ years ago) and died a little after that. The sensors in the tanks get coated and stop working. Actually they don't stop working, with the coating on them, they do not sense the water. As for the battery monitor, it is about as useful as the thank monitors.. so do not depend on that one either.

There is an outside chance that the connections on the back of the display/switches may have come off. You can remove the display and check the connections.

There are kits to change them to a "Capacitive" sensor$$$$ but we just empty them every few days.

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:17 AM   #3

Do you have an open underbelly on your WH?

If so, I would crawl under the unit and check the wire connections at the tank sensors. When we bought HTT, the wires where hanging down and could easily be damaged by road debris. I pulled them up and sealed the connections with liquid electrical tape (messy stuff).

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:25 AM   #4

Mustang, I am fully aware that the sensor arent reliable however they worked unreliably before... ;-) and now nothing on all tank or batt.all I can get is an E when I press any button.

Jagiven, enclose belly on my WH, anyway the tt is still under warranty so the dealer will have to deal whit that one thanks guys

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:57 AM   #5

Tank monitor display quit working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
Do you have an open underbelly on your WH?

If so, I would crawl under the unit and check the wire connections at the tank sensors. When we bought HTT, the wires where hanging down and could easily be damaged by road debris. I pulled them up and sealed the connections with liquid electrical tape (messy stuff).

That's exactly what the problem was with mine also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coldfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:10 PM   #6

I have (I should say had) an enclosed underside on our 145RB slx baja edition. I was forced to remove the Plasti-core liner due to rodent infestation. Poor quality installation left more than a dozen entry points between the usual vapor barrier and the plasti-core liner, along with the unseen and inaccessable plumbing and wiring poke thoughs from the interior of the TT. Thus creating a full length rodent hotel between the plasic-core liner, the vapor barrier and the flake board floor panels. "All", repeat, all wires to the tank/battery sensors were chewed apart by the offending rodents. It was necessary for me to completely re-wire the tank/battery sensor wires because the factory terminal connectors at the tank connections were left with too little wire length for crimp-on repair connectors, so all new wire and connectors were required.The "idiot lights all worked, but only sensed the low setting for tanks due to lack of a completed circuit.
As previously stated the lights are unreliable,but don't work at all if chewed apart by rodents.
ranchosinvacas is offline   Reply With Quote