Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-31-2014, 05:38 PM   #1

Television in the TT

Beside myself are there any others among us who have no interest in having television in your RV/Trailer? From the posts that I have read it seems that most people have television in their rigs. I don't find anything wrong with it. I just wondered if there are others who don't partake.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:22 PM   #2
Site Team

Most late models come with one or more. We camp a lot and like to stay abreast somewhat on news. Not a must though.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:23 PM   #3

We used to not have a TV, however after being through a pretty bad storm, decided to pick up a cheap one to tune into the local weather station. We don't watch TV, weather emergency only.

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:45 PM   #4

We never use it, but with three kids at the end of a long day, i have been known to put it on, but only if we have been camping at the same place for a week or so, if we are just there for a weekend, no way would i turn it on for them.
roadrash3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:59 PM   #5

Virtually all late model TT's come w/ a TV and are wired for the roof ant. and a cable/sat input. Don't want it or just don't want to watch it? Guessing if its standard the dealer isn't going to give you a discount if you don't want it. You'd also have to do something to close the large mounting area when the tv is removed.

I understand people who don't watch much tv at home or in their rv. If you've read any of my previous posts, you'd know that sat tv is kind of my speciality. Have it in my home, my houseboat, and my TT. Don't bother with it most of the time if we're only out for the weekend, but when we head south for a month or more after xmas it is a must. Even my wife who doesn't watch much tv is not happy if the bedroom tv doesn't get at least the over the air channels.

Some people hike, some people fish, some people read or do crossword puzzles. Some of us do many of these and also like to watch movies and Nascar.

Guess my short answer is yes we watch it and appreciate the LED HD flat screen in our new White Hawk.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:34 PM   #6

We have a TV and I do watch it. Usually late at night to catch up on the local news. Or an occassional sporting event. And they do come in handy when the weather is rainy and your cooped up inside.
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:04 AM   #7

I did not think about bring faced with inclement weather. Maybe a small TV would be a good safety measure.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:12 AM   #8

Television isn't necessary when camping at your favorite in state location. I prefer to have a connection while traveling cross country. My wife has a fused spine and for her it is her lullaby to distract her from her pain whilst she try's to get to sleep.

2007 Jayco Jay Flight 26BHS
2005 GMC YukonXL Denali
4 6-volt batteries - 440 AH bank
Magnum Energy MSH-3012 Tri Metric 2025
Yamaha EF3000iSEB generator
Winegard Traveler DirecTV slimline HD SK-3005
Big Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:52 AM   #9

Another good point. I am lerning so much from this forum. Thanks to all.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:55 AM   #10

I tend to agree with Bassdog. I love my satellite TV. Can't get out and do that much hiking any more with the bad hip and other problems. The wife loves her daytime soaps also. We still love the outdoors and the scenery but I am a football nut and would not think of going anywhere in the winter months without my HD direct TV satellite hookup. I even have to carry the big dish for HD but it sets up in no time. Most of the time I even help fellow campers set up there units because invariably someone will have problems getting their signal in.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote