Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-12-2015, 06:09 PM   #1

Time to grow...sooner or later

Just spent a week in our 165bh with my teenage son. The wife did not go. Trailer towed great and performed well. This was the longest we've ever stayed in it. 8 nights. That's about 4 days too long. We carried so much food and clothes we did not have enough storage space. We were constantly moving luggage from the bottom bed to the settee and back. That got old real fast. Normally we keep the clothes in the pantry but it was full of food. The wardrobe was full of towels and washcloths for a week for two people. I Can only imagine how much more stuff if my wife had gone. Love the trailer and its perfect for a three or four day weekend. Especially if you need to get into tight or out the way spots. But a week for three is just too much. Got my wife looking at floor plans online today. Maybe next month I'll get her to a large dealer in Charlotte so she can see them. But until then the boy and I will still have a few more adventures. Looking at another scuba trip next month to a lake outside of Raleigh.
tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:37 PM   #2

Good luck in search of a new trailer. How long have you had your current camper? Have the three of you camped together in it before?
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:39 PM   #3
Site Team

Yeah our first trailer was too small, kept it about 8 months.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:40 PM   #4

About a year. No the wife won't go. It was bought for me and my son to go. After hearing ng about our last week out she is now inclined to look at a bigger model. We dont really "camp" and rarely stay in the campground. Its more like a base or portable hotel room for us. Most of the food we took, we brought back home. Neither one of us felt like cooking so we ate out half the time. Best part is we take a bed with us to some lakes we scuba dive in.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:46 PM   #5

I'll be surprised if she doesn't find a C class and fall in love with a rolling bathroom and TV. Haven't mentioned that yet. Just gonna let Her cruise and pick something out then I'll come In With my requirements and see where we go. Biggest limit is 6500# tow capacity. Unless she decides we need a new truck as well. New camper probably won't happen soon. Gonna take our time and look at all possibilities. Keep what we got for most of the season.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:36 PM   #6

Here is an option for your wife to consider ...

Love our White Hawk for both boondocking and acting as an alternative to a hotel when we have full hook-up. A week ago that was exactly what we did, husband attended a workshop in Stockton and I teleworked from the TT on the banks of the San Joaquin River; late June we're going to do the same at a county park in LA.

Why the WH 25BHS? The floorplan! We wanted a master bed that could be queen regular (with a topper - check), we could get into from both sides (check), had an outdoor kitchen for my husband (check), and room for our son and/or a guest (bunks - check). The swivel TV in the entertainment center is a bonus because we can view from both the dinette and the master bed ~ now he is tricking that out (Roku, articulating arm, etc.). Guess I should also mention my husband, a licensed contractor and energy efficiency consultant, liked the construction and weight. Recommendation? We both give a thumbs-up, there was no other floorplan that fit our lifestyle as well.

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:48 PM   #7

How much does one of those weigh? A must with the wife is a queen bed. I would like an outdoor kitchen but not required.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:22 PM   #8

Here is our model's 'brochure': 2015 WH 25BHS.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:55 PM   #9

[QUOTE=Hattie;289609]Love our White Hawk for both boondocking and acting as an alternative to a hotel when we have full hook-up. A week ago that was exactly what we did, husband attended a workshop in Stockton and I teleworked from the TT on the banks of the San Joaquin River; late June we're going to do the same at a county park in

When I'm in Stockton I stay at Riverpoint Landing Marina and it sounds like it's the same place you go. I can fish right from the back of the TT and the rest rooms are clean and nice showers. It's gated and in a very upscale part of town.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:44 PM   #10

Wow, I went on the website a few minutes ago and browsed Jayco. That is the floor plan and specs I picked out. Only thing is we just cant do a new trailer. Gonna have to look around and see if one is sitting on a used lot somewhere. Also got to look at the fact that she told me last night she wants a new car and found one while we were gone. I have to go look at it tomorrow morning. Seeing as how she has had the same one for 8 years, (while I have had 3 trucks) I'm gonna get what ever she wants. The key is I'm gonna have to get her on a lot with a lot of floor plans so she can decide what features she likes. Then go shop. I live in the middle of nowhere. Nearest dealer of anything (Wolf) is 45 miles away. Nearest large dealer is about a 5 hour drive.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
When I'm in Stockton I stay at Riverpoint Landing Marina and it sounds like it's the same place you go. I can fish right from the back of the TT and the rest rooms are clean and nice showers. It's gated and in a very upscale part of town.
Riverpoint Landing Marina it is! All of your points are true, and also great for walking the dog and their Wi-Fi is very strong. LOVE watching the occasional container barges silently drift past.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugboat95 View Post
... Normally we keep the clothes in the pantry but it was full of food...
Help me understand this a bit. I am looking for a clothes solution for our 184BH and I hadn't considered using the pantry.

Can you elaborate on where and how are you storing food if not in the pantry?
BrettSLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:44 PM   #13

We dont usually take food. If we do its usually chips cookies,and sodas to snack on. What we usually take fits in the fridge or the cubbies hole behind the couch.