Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #11

The thermostat that RoyBraddy shows is in our hybrid. Very basic, as every below RoyBraddy stated, there is a little switch in the upper right hand corner. I broke mine off by accident, and had to use a table knife for a weekend to flip the on/off switch (had to remove the faceplate to do so). Setting the temp is a real challenge. Once you find the range you like I would recommend using a sharpie and marking your temperature range you like, as setting it is difficult at best. Due to my broken switch I changed mine out with a simple digital thermostat. It is pretty easy to do.

Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #12

The first time we fired up our furnace (thankfully in the driveway) it set the smoke detector off. I understand there is a manufacturing/shipping coating on the innerds that has to burn off. After I figured nothing was burning that wasn't supposed to I opened the windows, put a fan in the doorway and let 'er run. After about 5 min the alarm quit and I closed things up and ran the furnace a bit more and all was good.
We've owned ours for a year and haven't had to use the furnace in anger yet. We don't boondock and have a small electric space heater that does the trick down to around the freezing mark (coldest weather we've been in thus far).

Enjoy the CANYON (CANYOn, CANYon, CANyon, CAnyon, Canyon, canyon...)!

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #13

Furnace woes

I have recently purchased a 2004 23b in excellent shape. We took it out this weekend, Oct 26 - 28. The nights got down to freezing so I wanted the furnace on. I have the thermostat shown in Roy Ken's photo. I read the directions which said to throw the top lever to the left turning it on. I then set the thermostat. Nothing happened. I then opened the panel and pushed the black lever to "reset". Still nothing. I opened the electrical panel and turned every breaker off and then reset them to on. I pulled every fuse but all 8 of them were (or was it 9) were fine. The gas was flowing to the stove top. Any suggestions about what I should try next? Did you just get a digital thermostat that is meant to be used on a house?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
The thermostat that RoyBraddy shows is in our hybrid. Very basic, as every below RoyBraddy stated, there is a little switch in the upper right hand corner. I broke mine off by accident, and had to use a table knife for a weekend to flip the on/off switch (had to remove the faceplate to do so). Setting the temp is a real challenge. Once you find the range you like I would recommend using a sharpie and marking your temperature range you like, as setting it is difficult at best. Due to my broken switch I changed mine out with a simple digital thermostat. It is pretty easy to do.
Getzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #14

I would really recommend a trailer park with power. It is getting kind of cold up there and an electric heater would really be nice to have.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:55 PM   #15

I'm glad to hear others have this same thermostat, I personally think its a cheap piece of crap & jayco should be ashamed of putting something like that in their trailers. Love my trailer, except for this one little thing. Bought a mr. Heater rouse in the trailer instead of messing with this when we are trying to boondock.

AZ campers
AZ Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Campers View Post
I'm glad to hear others have this same thermostat, I personally think its a cheap piece of crap & jayco should be ashamed of putting something like that in their trailers. Love my trailer, except for this one little thing. Bought a mr. Heater rouse in the trailer instead of messing with this when we are trying to boondock.

AZ campers
Mr.Heater or Kozyworld are a very good choice for boondocking.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:56 AM   #17

This is an informative thread if you want to change the thermostat.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...tal-Thermostat

Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam
Prodigy P2
Tanker42 is offline   Reply With Quote