Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2020, 02:34 PM   #1

Question tv connections in 23 MRB trailer

have a 2019 jayco whitehawk 23MRB and need info on tv hookups. The cupboard below to right of TV has a coax going up to the tv I assume from the roof antenna. The there are 2 inlet connections with a short cross coax connector next to it. The TV has a DMI connector to it and what do I need to do to make a connection thru the outside sat/cable inlet to a sat receiver in the compartment and then into the tv. No info in owners manual at all...help
greysporto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 07:49 PM   #2

I have the same model, and the short coax cable in right side cabinet below the TV is the place where I hooked up the Satellite box. Here is how I got it to work;

- Remove the short Coax Jumper and keep it in case you want to reconnect the antenna.
- Turn off the antenna amplifier with the switch on the 12V power outlet beside the jumper if its on.
- Connect the input and output cables to the ports where the jumper was connected. The upper port is where the Satellite input from the dish is routed, and goes to the receiver input. The lower port is where the receiver output connects to the TV.

My Receiver was too big for the cabinets under the TV so I have it mounted vertically beside the dinette bench and in mounted two Coax connectors in the right sidewall below the power plug to route the coax from the receiver into the cabinet.
Dafrost is offline   Reply With Quote