Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #1

Two more 184 issues resolved

Since day one we have had trouble filling the fresh water tank on our 184bh, the water would keep backing out the fill spout and it would take forever to fill. Finally today I removed the plywood over the tank to check it out. I found that the 1/2 inch vent tube for the water tank was kinked completely in half. I cut about two inches out of the tube and reinstalled it and the tank works just fine. Then my wife said she thought it looked like one corner of the kitchen sink was raising above the counter. A quick look underneath found 4 sink mounting brackets, one on each corner, none of which were attached to the sink. The only thing holding the sink down was a thin layer of caulk. So, a new bead of caulking, tighten down the brackets and we are back in business. We are now convinced that we got the 184bh that they let all the new employees put together. Hopefully, this will be the end of our 184 saga and we can get back to camping.......happy camping!
bayleightucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #2

That disgust me! Does anyone take pride in their work? Do companies let their employees take pride in their work? I refuse to travel international until our economy gets better. The only thing you can do to buy American is travel. I went out of my way to buy a new product, from an American company to forfill this ideal, then I hear stories like this.

Double Face-Palm!

2017 Jayco 287BHSW
xkuzme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #3

Hopefully thats it for you !! You've had your share on problems with your 184bh.

Did you get invoiced for a PDI inspection when you bought your trailer ? If so.. they also missed big on these issues would't you say ?
iLLBRED is offline   Reply With Quote