Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-21-2016, 09:59 AM   #11

The hole in the sealant was about 1/4 inch in the 1/2 hole that penetrates....only a driving rain would make it in on mine (or perhaps rain during a tow). They also didn't put any drip-loop on the factory wires there so they make a good path for the rain to follow.

X213_2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:36 PM   #12

Awning Wire area looks ok

Just a note that I checked the area where the awning wires enter the trailer and didn't see any openings.

Spent 4 days up by Lake George, NY but no rain so no opportunity to see if there is still water coming in from somewhere. (which is probably a good thing for a mini vacation )

Nonproductive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:18 PM   #13

Not that I can help you but I know the feeling.
Our 2016 leaks in the wardrobe as well.
Ours has a grey water pipe in the front corner going to roof.
Hope you find the issue for water.
BTW congrats on your camper.
ParrishCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:46 PM   #14

Thanks, ParrishCamper!

We are enjoying it very much.
As or the water - so far, so good after the dealer resealed the whole front end. We had some torrential downpours here the other day and I think I checked the wardrobe at least 5 times during the storms - no water.

So, all I can suggest is to maybe check the awning wires as x213_2105 suggested and then check the whole front end again. The dealer noted that there were small gaps around the running light on that side that they closed up - so that may have been the source.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:21 AM   #15

Water on Floor

I have a 2015 X23B. Within a month, water started slowly pooling on the floor next to the sink. After four trips, I took it in for service. Turns out a screw on the back wall plate (stained wood) below the sink had a holding screw driven in it that pierced the water line behind it. It was treated as a warranty repair.
mavakian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:51 AM   #16

Quick Follow up

Thought I would post a quick follow up now that we are at the end of the season.

Several outings - a couple in varying degrees of rain, being towed at 50-60MPH in a severe thunderstorm and some really heavy storms with the trailer parked at home and no leaks.

It seems that the culprit was the seal around the running light at the top, passenger side of the trailer. I checked it prior to going to the dealer and it looked "ok" - but they scraped it and resealed it.

Side note: we had a blast this season in the X213. Only "complaints" (take that lightly) are lack of outside storage and the bathroom - as a changing room - is a little snug for my 6ft 250lb self. My wife suggested losing weight - I suggested a new truck and a fifth wheel. Pretty sure I lost that one...