Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-31-2015, 03:23 PM   #1

Water underneath Trailer Behind the black cover 184BH

hi,

We are filling the truck tank for gas when we noticed some water dripping underneath the front trailer near the fresh water tank. hmm, we don't use the fresh water tank. So I went underneath the trailer and touching the black thing that's covering the underbelly of the trailer. It was heavy. I poke a little hole for the mean time and water rush out of it

When we went to the storage, there's no more water dripping. I poke my hole inside and the insulations (I think those are insulation I'm touching) are wet grrr. not sure where the water came from, there's no leak from the inside the trailer, looked at the storage where the fresh water tank is located and they are all dry. can't be coming from the AC as there's too much water and we didn't use the AC much as it's was cooler at night.

It also didn't rain heavy (just few drops ) while we were camping. The only thing I can think of is on one of our trips before the last weekend. we left the vent open and it rained heavy we have water in the floor but we are able to wipe it. I'm thinking it might have went to the corners and stayed under the floor.

Hopefully the little hole will dry up the stuff in there and we'll monitor if it's going to be wet again. . I think the insulations are done and need to be replaced. we'll see.

anyone have any idea what other areas of the trailer the water can came in?

2012 F150 XLT XTR Package 5.0L V8
2013 Jayco Swift 184BH
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...tml#post323979
Album: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/me...albums839.html
Mod: Changed LED Light, Key Hooks, Door Shower Holders, Dual Propane Holder, Bed Frame Support, Power Jack.
c00lman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:31 PM   #2

on my 184BH I had a leak where the fill tube is clamped to the holding tank and it would drip inside the storage at the front there. Sounds like you have a lot more water though than what you'd get filling the fresh water though since it wouldn't drip after the water level dropped a bit.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:32 PM   #3

Dry it out.

I would put a little water in the FW tank. Turn on the pump, pressurize the water system. If the pump stays on or cycles a lot, you have a water leak in one of you FW pipes or pex pipe fittings, it could be a slow leak. Also consider your water heater leaking.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:34 PM   #4
Site Team

Another possible cause may be in the plumbing, leaking somewhere else underneath, and collecting on top of the underbelly covering. It depends how much of your TT pipes are between the floor and underbelly, or how many places it passes through the floor itself. Just a thought, without actually seeing it. Good luck.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:16 PM   #5

thanks for all the info. Waiting for it to dry out and see LOL we haven't even used the fresh water tank yet. We'll be doing our last camping next weekend and will be doing the winterizing. I will try to look on the storage under the chairs to if we can see any water marks.

The only pipe I can think of will be the pipe from the fresh water tank which is located in the front going to the back where the water heater and water pump is located.

If it didn't dried out, we'll try to open the under belly and remove the wet stuff LOL. We are just worried that it might rot the wood in there

2013 Jayco Swift 184BH
Mod: Changed LED Light, Key Hooks, Door Shower Holders, Dual Propane Holder, Bed Frame Support, Power Jack.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:50 PM   #6

We had our last camping for the year last summer. Did the dewinterizing

have time to go underneath and check the thing again the inside insulations are still wet. Decided to cut the black cover and removed all the insulations (they are soaking wet ).

taped all the opening up for now and we'll work on it next year hahah

2013 Jayco Swift 184BH