Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-16-2016, 12:03 AM   #1

Wheel size on Jay Flight Slx 145RB

Just bought a 2012 Jay Flight SLX 145RB. Yes it sits very low and I am in the process of buying an axle flip kit. I plan on putting 14" aluminum rims and whatever LT 14" tires that I can find (Goodyear Wrangler LT would be nice). Yes...I'm going to make a Baja Edition out of a regular 145RB. What I would like to know is wheel width, max diameter and any offset. I am Canadian and I'm looking at a wheel at Canadian Tire called the Ion Alloy style 71 wheel. It can be had in 14" size. Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Mike
Rigs64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:55 PM   #2

I'm sorry I cannot answer your question. I just wanted to comment. I did the axel flip. Great mod for my 184BH. 2 things that were unexpected or not anticipated. I had to start carrying an extra step to gap the ground and the only folding step. Also, the outriggers are nearly too short. I had to start carribg around extra wood to stack up under the stabilizers.

X

2017 Jayco 287BHSW
xkuzme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:56 PM   #3

I'm sorry I cannot answer your question. I just wanted to comment. I did the axel flip. Great mod for my 184BH. 2 things that were unexpected or not anticipated. I had to start carrying an extra step to gap the ground and the only folding step. Also, the outriggers are nearly too short. I had to start carribg around extra wood to stack up under the stabilizers.

X

2017 Jayco 287BHSW
xkuzme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:51 AM   #4

I'll check the tire size on my 174BH baja tonight when I get home from work if that will help. As far as the step issue goes, those are pretty easy to replace for under $100. I have a friend that did an axle flip and replaced his steps without issue. The stock stabilizers on a baja are almost too short and I have to carry around wood anyways. I had one site where I had over a foot stacked under one of the stabs.

TV: 2011 Nissan Xterra Pro4x
TT: 2016 174BH Baja Edition
schmittychris is offline   Reply With Quote