Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-04-2023, 01:16 PM   #21

I have pulled my 195RB from Illinois to Colorado mountains 5 times including quite a bit of rough roads with no damage. Great sway control and light and easy to install/remove at campgrounds.

Call Andersen and ask which model is for you with your vehicle and height or hitch receiver, size of ball and height of 195RB. Mine is 5 states away and I don't have the height.
Camped three nights of factory mattress, threw it out and got a 10 inch Zinus. You will bed lifter as Zinus is heavy to lift.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 06:42 AM   #22

I have what you need

I will take possesion of a 2021 195RB next week and would like to order the proper Anderson 3324 hitch configuration to

We just sold our 2020 195rb. I still have the WDH for sale near Ottawa
Furnitureguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 08:20 PM   #23

per the jayco web site that camper weight is 3k lbs... or about 4k lbs loaded up to go camping ... and 300 - 400 ish pin weight...

not sure what you're using to tow with but do you really need a WDH? The amount of weight your towing and how much you would transfer with any system is 20-maybe 100 lbs, any more and your just going to unload the rear axle. Added to that other commented that the frame is weak...

If your TV can't handle this little amount of weight than you need a better TV.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 08:32 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
Wondering if we actually saved our 195 from too much frame stress by not having a system. We towed it from Maine to Alaska twice and to California once and Arizona once.
120,000 miles. About a quarter of that on dirt roads.. If I see a dirt road I have a compulsion..

So if you do get a WDH and navigate dirt and logging roads ( most of our State does not have improved roads) pay attention to what you are driving on .. The Andersen is easy to disengage the WDH.

We note that Texas has more ice today.. We actually had a really good time towing our 195 across i 10 in the ice storm of 2021. No issues save for the pile of 18 wheel obstructions that sometimes blocked the way.

The primary reason that stopped us from getting a WDH was our tow vehicle was on a car chassis and WDH not recommended in the manual. Although it was probably a CYA thing written by lawyers.
Kim - did you tow your 195RB with your 2012 Honda Ridgeline?

And you say it was without problems and you avoided possible bending of the trailer frame and other issues, right? So I can compare the specs for your Ridgeline to my 2016 Chevy Colorado gas with tow package and see if they are close enough that I might also get by without a wdh...
Whistleroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 08:37 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustdave View Post
per the jayco web site that camper weight is 3k lbs... or about 4k lbs loaded up to go camping ... and 300 - 400 ish pin weight...

not sure what you're using to tow with but do you really need a WDH? The amount of weight your towing and how much you would transfer with any system is 20-maybe 100 lbs, any more and your just going to unload the rear axle. Added to that other commented that the frame is weak...

If your TV can't handle this little amount of weight than you need a better TV.
Yes, am thinking to wait and see how the 2021 195RB does without a wdh. I pick it up tomorrow.

Tow vehicle is 2016 Chevrolet Colorado, gas, with 7000 lb tow capacity.
Old 02-08-2023, 08:41 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKABC View Post
The stock Serta mattress is trash. 6" garbage. I got rid of mine on Nextdoor for free. You can see the dimensions on the blue label of the OEM mattress in the pic. Replaced with this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

MUCH better mattress - just make sure that you take it inside your rig before "inflating"!
Did you get the 8" or 10" mattress? Seems like 8" would be plenty...
Old 02-09-2023, 04:18 AM   #27

We got the 8 in as the thicker one woukdd be a headbanger on the bottom of the shelf
Wicked comfy : better than thee bed at hone.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 04:22 PM   #28

We have an Andersen and it works great but my recommendation is to call Andersen and speak with customer service in order to get the right hitch. I did it that way and they were great, got the right one the first time.
Rhody51 is offline   Reply With Quote