Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #1

White Hawk 28dsbh Hide-A-Bed

Hi Guys,

I am close to buying a new white hawk 28dsbh. I would like to get it with the hide-a-bed option but I am having a hard time locating one. Does anyone on this forum have a jayco with hide-a-bed? If so, is it comfortable? I would hate to scour the earth for this feature and then be disappointed with it. If any of you have a jayco model with hide a bed please let me know what you think of it.

Best--Jeremy
livelylittlecampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #2

Welcome to the JOF Jeremy. I don't remember seeing too many threads on the Jayco 'hide-a-bed'. I'm a little curious myself... HOpe you get the answers you look for here. Let us know what you wind up doing and post some pics when you can
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #3

The hide a bed is essentially an air matress. fold out the bed, roll out the matress and plug it in behind the couch. It was a must for me. Hard to find right now. (think I just picked up the last one with this option in the Northeast!) Havent slept on it yet, but dont think itll be any worse than the standard RV Matress quality.
blkcorvair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #4

I have read of lots of air leaking during the night. We have one with an extra mattress in our trailer. It hasn't been used yet. I would go to a furniture store and buy one with a real mattress that will fit the spot.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #5

I have read of lots of air leaking during the night. We have one with an extra mattress in our trailer. It hasn't been used yet. I would go to a furniture store and buy one with a real mattress that will fit the spot. In our trailer the cushions on the sofa have settled a LOT and have a noticeable depression in the center of the cushion. Our trailer is just over a year old. I believe the sofa part is junk and the bed part isn't much better.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #6

Our Eagle came with the hide-a-bed. It has an air mattress with a built in pump that plugs in behind the couch. It also came with a battery operated pump that uses flashlight batteries. I guess it would be like sleeping on any other air mattress.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
I would go to a furniture store and buy one with a real mattress that will fit the spot.
Getting one to fit through the door would be the trick.

1985 'J' Series 2050
1997 Ram 1500
2004 Jeep WranglerX
Camping and Wheeling...it's what I do!
LilWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #8

We have the jack knife sofa. I bought a egg crate foam topper that I have rolled up and stored in readiness to use the sofa... I think it will be fine for occasional use.. but would not want to sleep on it regularly.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #9

I have a 28DSBH with the Hide-A-Bed option. It is an air mattress that is about 4" thick. I would say that it is ok for a couple of kids or one large teenage boy. We have used it several times and have had no issues with leaking. We like it because of the storage it provided in the form of a pullout drawer. We use it for linens and a few games.

Hope this helps.

Steven, Michelle, and Ashley
2012 Whitehawk 28DSBH
2008 Dodge 1500 STX
bigdaddyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #10

I put a piece of 2 inch memory foam on top of mine and it is really comfy plus it keeps you warm when camping in cooler weather. I just leave the foam on it when I fold it up.
Samque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWilly View Post
Getting one to fit through the door would be the trick.
Our trailer came with two couches/hide a beds. We took one out in one piece to make room for some recliners. It did go out the door without rubbing. It took two of us and we took our time.