Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-17-2017, 10:10 AM   #1

White hawk slide out adjustment

I was wondering, if any if you experts know how to adjust the slide on a 28dsbh wh

My slide goes in, flush, on the forward side, but leaves about an inch gap on the aft side (see pictures)

Underneath the slide, on the forward side, looks to be an adjustment bolt; but no such bolt on the aft side. My theory is that I need to adjust it out about an inch to match the gap on the aft side, so when sliding it in, resistance isn't encountered until both sides are all the way in.

Can someone offer some guidance.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Cirrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:42 AM   #2

Your TT looks pretty new. Still in warranty? If so I'd let the dealer work on it.
In general tho, I don't think changing the adjustment you are seeing will help the problem. I believe your slide may be "cocked" in the slide opening. When extended is the inside trim the same side to side? The electric motor directly drives one side and there is a cross-shaft from he motor that drives the opposite side. If the two driven sides are out of sync with each other the result is what you see IMHO.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:28 PM   #3

It is new. Was hoping to avoid warranty work. My experience is, it's never the same trailer you brought in to the dealership that you get back. It usually ends up slightly damaged or with something else wrong with it

Old 05-19-2017, 12:44 PM   #4

Do you have enough adjustment in the Forward side that you can adjust to match the Aft side? Can you adjust the Forward side out an inch to match the Aft side?
rgardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:31 AM   #5

Totally hear you on the warranty/schwarranty (a.k.a. screw job joke) - When we purchased our Feather, the adjustment nut was loose. I put the problem on my PDI list, but the dealer never addressed it, after I gave them three opportunities. After the third illustration of the problem, I determined that I would take care of it. I was frightened by their stupidity and disregard for my concern and request. I adjusted it, but it is pulling in a tiny bit tight. I am going to back it off a hair.

Have you checked to make sure that the slide wall and rear wall are plumb? If the problem is your slide adjustment and not the wall(s), you may be able to adjust yours, just be methodical and work in very small increments. If you back off the nut a bit, it may allow the other side to pull in closer to seal. You may also want to mark the nuts original setting to know where "home" was. You can mark the threads with a Sharpie. Keep us posted.
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 02:48 PM   #6

Cirrob,
LCI seems to have a pretty good set of manuals available online. I believe this link will take you to the ones for your slide mechanism.

2 x 2 Electric Slide System

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 03:01 PM   #7

Thanks Redhorse!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2017, 03:14 PM   #8

Sorry I can't help with your question. Just wanted to say that I have the same gap in my 28DSBH. I am planing to have the dealer to fix it.

The gap developed after a couple of slides in and out. I also noticed that inside, when the slide is in, the slide portion of the floor is a little bit higher than before and do not rest on the mail portion of the floor (there is a gap between the slide floor and the kitchen floor). I just do not have time to bring TT to dealer.
bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:38 PM   #9

We have the gap too between the two floors when the slide is in. Always figures that was by design. When it's in, it's at a slight upward angle and straightens out , or levels out , when slide out.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:01 PM   #10

Check this thread, Cirrob:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...n-29154-2.html

Might help.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:03 PM   #11

That slide system runs with a common shaft between the rails. The motor is on one side, probably the forward, and a common shaft connects the 2 rails. You probably won't ever make it perfect, but it CAN be adjusted or tweaked a little. I've disconnected the common shaft between the 2 and rotated one side a bit before, then reconnected. If you go to extend or retract, I bet you see one end or the other start moving before the other, thanks to the small amount of slop in the gears.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:35 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murff View Post
Check this thread, Cirrob:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...n-29154-2.html

Might help.

Murff
Not sure how it applies