Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #1

Whitehawk dsrl corner glass shower leaking

Everytime I take a shower the glass surround corner shower leaks at the base. I took my tt in for warranty on this issue. All the service tech told me was that it needed a bead of silicone at where the surround meets the basin. I took his word for it and gladly took my trailer home. This did nothing to fix the problem. It still leaks everytime I shower. Has anyone else had thi problem with the jayco glass surround showers. And what is a true fix. This problem is going to ruin my trailer.
Dwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #2

I just kept adding silicone until it stopped leaking. Try to keep it as neat as possible.
Durasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #3

Thanks for all your feedback I'm going add a little more silicone to mine. It's just kinda frustrating to pay this kind of money for something and it not work as it should!
Dwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwillie View Post
Everytime I take a shower the glass surround corner shower leaks at the base. I took my tt in for warranty on this issue. All the service tech told me was that it needed a bead of silicone at where the surround meets the basin. I took his word for it and gladly took my trailer home. This did nothing to fix the problem. It still leaks everytime I shower. Has anyone else had thi problem with the jayco glass surround showers. And what is a true fix. This problem is going to ruin my trailer.
Just got home from a weekend trip to Ocala National Forest and experienced THE LEAK you spoke of. Looked at the enclosure caulking and it all seems good, no water oozing out. BUT, if you open the shower door and look at the left corner where the door threshold piece meets the framing of the side glass panel, there is a gap there that is apparently allowing water to run out under the frame if your trailer is not level side to side. Our first trip out with our White Hawk we had zero problems, this just popped up on our last trip. I'm going to reseal the inside of the shower enclosure; the only fix for this gap looks to be filling it with enough silicone to seal it. As I mentioned, the relative level state of the trailer seems to have a role in the leak; the curbside of the trailer was about a 1/2-3/4" low when I backed the trailer in. I placed one 2x8" under the wheels and it made the curbside high by about a 1/2" and apparently that's all it took.
thomasmnile is offline   Reply With Quote