Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #1

Whitehawk storage compartment frig issue!!!

I have a Whitehawk 28DSBH with a frig in the front storage compartment. Frig is great for drinks and such, but the heat from it will heat the interior of the storage compartment and ultimately the right side of the front bed. I just had to turn it off. I will be removing frig and opening up the storage compartment. The problem is that where we stayed I needed to close up the compartment at night. Bed was getting hot and I traced it to frig. The frig is a great idea but for us it just does not work well. I'm selling and getting a yeti cooler.

Steven, Michelle, and Ashley
2012 Whitehawk 28DSBH
2008 Dodge 1500 STX
bigdaddyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #2

That's great information for other WH owners to know. Just curious, was that fridge an "option" or did it just come standard on the tt?
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:44 AM   #3

We have the 26dsrb, our outside refridgerator was standard eqipt. when we bought our camper. Ours is located in the rear storage area, so there is no heat problems for us.
US Army
VN.71-72
RickAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #4

Ours was standard with the unit, but I also bought the unit off of the lot. Ours had many extras such as hide a bed, aluminum wheels, ect.... Overall we love the trailer, but as with any unit there are things I wish were a little different.

Steven, Michelle, and Ashley
2012 Whitehawk 28DSBH
2008 Dodge 1500 STX
bigdaddyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #5

Reflectix... I just love that stuff. Tape some on the walls around the fridge and it will take care of that problem. You can insulate the entire storage compartment if you want. Put some under the bed and put some R4 insulation on top an you will never know the fridge is there again. I thought I would hate the fridge put love it now that it keeps the kids from going in and out of the camper to get drinks. Plus never having to deal with ice... priceless.
Texascamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyss View Post
I have a Whitehawk 28DSBH with a frig in the front storage compartment. Frig is great for drinks and such, but the heat from it will heat the interior of the storage compartment and ultimately the right side of the front bed. I just had to turn it off. I will be removing frig and opening up the storage compartment. The problem is that where we stayed I needed to close up the compartment at night. Bed was getting hot and I traced it to frig. The frig is a great idea but for us it just does not work well. I'm selling and getting a yeti cooler.
That's to bad about the fridge. I haven't noticed the heat issue on ours, but I have turned down the temp on the fridge as it kept freezing my favorite beverage. So now it doesn't turn on as much and I would guess cut down on heat. I'm surprised your fridge would put off enough heat to be that noticeable. Let us know how the Yeti cooler works out.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #7

I did notice mine getting hot at the head of the bed too. I attributed that to the sun heating the front wall of the camper. Didnt think to look at the fridge. Mine is turned up to Cold though as it did freeze my cans. Ill have to turn it down a bit. Maybe thatll help the issue. Other wise it didnt really bother me enuf to pull it out. The second fridge has already come in very very handy.
blkcorvair is offline   Reply With Quote