Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-14-2015, 11:17 PM   #1

Whitehawk TV mount arm surprise...

Sooo...

I have been meaning to order a new tv mounting arm for my Whitehawk so I can watch tv clearly from the sofa.

One of my "must do" items...

Long story short...discovered today that the TV is already mounted to an articulating arm type mount! Pull on the little fabric tab on the bottom of the TV, and viola!

I'm a mechanical type of guy, but it took me a year and a bit to figure it out, so maybe someone else will discover it too... Who knows. I feel stupid for not knowing it sooner!

Cheers,

JMR
Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:43 AM   #2

Congrats on the find and thanks for sharing.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 06:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
Sooo...

I have been meaning to order a new tv mounting arm for my Whitehawk so I can watch tv clearly from the sofa.

Long story short...discovered today that the TV is already mounted to an articulating arm type mount! Pull on the little fabric tab on the bottom of the TV, and viola!

I'm a mechanical type of guy, but it took me a year and a bit to figure it out, so maybe someone else will discover it too... Who knows. I feel stupid for not knowing it sooner!

Cheers,

JMR
What white hawk model do you have? We have a 28dsbh with the TV that turns into the bedroom. I also was thinking about getting something for better viewing and I'm pretty certain I don't have an "arm" on mine.

2015 Chevy 2500HD Z71 Crew Cab 6.0L-V8, 4:10 gears
2015 White Hawk 28dsbh
2013 Jayco Jay Feather 23b (traded in)
2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L HD Tow Package (traded in)
Equalizer E-4 WD Hitch
Revschuette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
Sooo...

Cheers,

JMR
The TV in our 23MRB is the same way. It's tiny and the only way to see it is by extending the arm. Trying to figure out a way we can fit a larger TV in there.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:20 AM   #5

Our WH came with a flat-mount; we changed it out to be an articulating arm. Lots of posts this weekend exactly on this topic you may wish to reference.

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:40 PM   #6

Don't feel too bad, dealer called me to ask how to release the tv mounted over the fireplace in our 2014 30DSRE. The WH was in for some final [and only] warrantee work at the end of the 2 year period. Dealer said he had called Jayco to ask but they didn't know and suggested they call the owner. I got a good laff out of the call. The release is a pull tab in the lower cabinet next to the fireplace.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:47 AM   #7

The dealer tech who did our PDI didn't know how to operate ours ('14 28BHBE) and I wanted to check out how the A/V connections were configured. It took me about 10 minutes to finally figure it out. I didn't want to break anything on our brand new trailer, so I was being REALLY careful. Finally I found a nylon strap tucked way up behind the TV and gave it a good tug downward. The lock popped and the TV swung out free and I could see what was going on back there. I lubed the locking mechanism and draped the strap down where I could get to it and all is well.

Honestly though, the only time I ever used it was when I was trying to catch a Texas A&M football game a couple years ago while we were out with family, so I swung it around so I could see it through the door. DW doesn't like to use it because she's afraid she's going to break the TV when she locks it back; you have to push it pretty hard.

I would be surprised NOT to find an articulating arm on that type of TV setup; it would be VERY hard to deal with the connections without some kind of way to swing the TV out of the way.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 06:03 PM   #8

Hello!
Sorry for the delayed reply. Mine is a 2013 28DSBH with the swivel TV. As Camper_bob stated, it's a narrow nylon strap up behind the TV.
5.3L V8 3:73 Husky Centerline Hitch
Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 08:24 PM   #9

On our 2013 27DSRL there is a little pull chain (not at all visible when looking at the TV from the front) that unlocks the swing arm mount. Had the tech that did our PDI/Orientation not demonstrate it, I would have gone nuts trying to figure it out.
thomasmnile is offline   Reply With Quote