Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-06-2016, 04:54 AM   #21

Thanks BCX213. Thats good to hear. I go to pick up my new X213 today. How is that awning in the wind and rain? I have never had a power awning and from what I have been reading, they are not as strong as a manual awning but I like the idea of being able to put it in and out with a push of a button. My wife already got a memory foam topper for the bed

I have been stressing out worrying if I picked the right trailer. My main factors where getting something with less weight that will tow well but still enough room inside. I guess I will be finding out really soon. I pick it up today and we leave for the shore with it on Sunday. I am hoping this trailer will be a pleasure to drive with and be able to take on loner trips up and down the east coast

Have you ever taken your trailer to a scale and weighed the tongue? I am figuring it shouldnt get to be more than 850lbs when fully loaded. I read another forum post where someone said their tongue wt. was 1100lb. I cant see how it would get that high unless not loaded properly.
tle4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:35 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle4 View Post
I have been stressing out worrying if I picked the right trailer.
If you've sat in the trailer for an hour or so pretending you own it, and you're happy with the size, that's about all you can really hope for. If you haven't spent that much time in it, I'd recommend you do . I'm happy with our X213 but I do regularly find myself thinking I should have gotten a 23BHM instead. Oh well, grass greener on the other side and all that. I'm not willing to take a bath by trading in a 2 month old trailer just because I might be happier with a slightly different model . We waffled on which one to get all the way down to the moment we signed the paper, I like them both for different reasons. LOL

Quote:
How is that awning in the wind and rain?
I haven't had it in a serious wind situation yet, but I've had it out in a downpour and it worked just fine. Don't stand near the edge, though, unless you like extremely wet surprises. By design or not, water pools up a bit on top and then when it gets heavy enough it all runs off the nearest edge. If you're okay with less headroom, angling the awning down eliminates the problem.

Quote:
I read another forum post where someone said their tongue wt. was 1100lb. I cant see how it would get that high unless not loaded properly.
Agreed. 1100lb is very out of whack, my suspicion is something went wrong with the measurement. Most measurements I've seen from X213s, including my own experience, peg it at around 700 with nothing in the front storage. As long as you're circumspect about what you put in the front storage, and try to balance that out by putting some stuff under the rear slide, it shouldn't be a problem IMO.
Rootus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:03 PM   #23

Well I picked it up and they set up my weight distribution/anti-sway. One guy that was setting up my trailer told me that that the weight distribution was way overkill for this trailer. My spring bars are not nearly as tight as I had them with my other trailer. I drove it about 8-10 miles home and hardly knew it was back there. I only had about a half inch of drop in the back and the back end is still 1" higher than the front without putting any air in my air springs

We are going to start loading stuff into it this week and I have a trip planned on Sunday. I will remeasure how much rear drop I get when loaded and just add some air to the air bags to get it back to the height where they have it set now

Now that I got to tow it some with my truck I am feeling much better about this trailer. It got up to 50mph no problem on back roads going up hills. Next test will be highway driving

Now I am going to have to figure out where all the stuff I took out of my 30ft trailer is going to go in the new one. I have a feeling alot of stuff is going to the curb
tle4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:52 PM   #24

Had the same problem with the awning arms......now the first thing after raising the awing, we hang a small windchime on the lowest point. Haven't hit one yet that was "guarded"
randelester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:09 PM   #25

You will find additional storage über the couch, you lift the couch up part way and you will be able to lift the kick plate. This is where we put our small travel suitcases or small duffle bag. Since we don't use the tub, we store our laundry basket of towels there.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:37 PM   #26

Great post on the new 213, thanks. We're really thinking about ordering a new x213 from Jayco since no one really carries this model close by. It defiantly on he top of the list and what we're leaning towards. Any issues with the rear slide, water leak issues or debris hanging up in that area? Thats mainly my concern since we've never owned one with a slide.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:35 PM   #27

We have had our 2016 x213 for nearly a year now and really like it. We have taken it on three trips to state campgrounds, one on the Oregon Coast for a week. Two had full hookups and at one we had to use a 25 gallon blue boy for waste water. This camper was a great step up for us from our Coleman pop-up. We have made a number of mods, shelves in front closet, added battery shutoff and interior voltmeter. I added a removable power cord and beefed up the rear bumper to carry our 2000 watt Ryobi generator. We plan one more dry camp close to home before winterizing. We will wash and wax before covering our x213 for the winter. Tows very well with our 2012 Chevy Traverse even in high winds along Columbia river.
Jarm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:22 PM   #28

I had a x213 and now have the x254. I was wondering how you did the 5" lift and if you had any pictures?
JTVaclavik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 02:13 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTVaclavik View Post
I had a x213 and now have the x254. I was wondering how you did the 5" lift and if you had any pictures?
This worked for my 2012 suspension layout. I have seen a different torsion bar layout on newer models, and even leaf springs on one unit.

I had to make plates to go over the existing bracket that is welded onto the axle to make it work
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5432.jpg  
rodandmir is offline   Reply With Quote