Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #1

X213 First Trip Out

Just finished our inaugural trip with our new X213. We had a great time, learned alot about our trailer, but I still have a few questions.

- The bathroom sink has a sink stopper that just plugs the sink, in order to drain it, you have to pull the stopper out. Is that normal?

- I was in a pretty wooded area - the digital tv came in sometimes good and sometimes not at all - should I have rotated the antenna to find a better fit - I looked at other trailers in the same area and there was no consistent direction of their antenna's.

- We were on a level lot, barely had to make any adjustment and didn't use any levelers under my tires - however as I looked around, it seemed like everyone was using the orange levelers or wood under their tires, even though their lots were pretty level as well. Am I missing something?

thanks!
Old 05-28-2012, 11:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPLARRY View Post
Just finished our inaugural trip with our new X213. We had a great time, learned alot about our trailer, but I still have a few questions.

- The bathroom sink has a sink stopper that just plugs the sink, in order to drain it, you have to pull the stopper out. Is that normal?

- I was in a pretty wooded area - the digital tv came in sometimes good and sometimes not at all - should I have rotated the antenna to find a better fit - I looked at other trailers in the same area and there was no consistent direction of their antenna's.

- We were on a level lot, barely had to make any adjustment and didn't use any levelers under my tires - however as I looked around, it seemed like everyone was using the orange levelers or wood under their tires, even though their lots were pretty level as well. Am I missing something?

thanks!
On the sink plug yes.....I carry some 1x6 & 2x6 blocks. I have an level app on my iphone that I place inside on the floor. sometimes it just needs a little lift to be perfectly level. On the TV reception, yes I rotated my antenna and then used the remote to search the channels to lock in. By the way congrats on your first trip out.....I too had some adventures figuring out the trailer too. It is so cool not to set up the tent trailer anymore..and having a bathroom!!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:37 AM   #3

Smile

Totally think WESTERNRCANUCK covered it all. I use a iPad for my leveling tool and the free app works great. And echo the congrats on the first trip. Just on my 3rd trip this year and having a great time. Hope you keep having the fun! This Forum is a great resource.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:24 AM   #4

One trick i use on finding HDTV signals is to point my crankup BATWING antenna towards the town that is transmitting the Natl Broadcast digital HDTV signals. I am using the 22-inch VIZIO LCD flatscreen HDTV .

Of course I have my BATWING preamp fired up by pushing in the RED or BLACK button on the wallplate. My HDTV is set for ANTENNA from the menu.

Then I start my scan for digital TV signals. On my VIZIO HDTV the low numbered digital signals show up first on the scan mode. If I dont start seeing the digital station counter start showing any stations picked up in the the fisrt 15% of scan completed then I stop the scan and move the BATWING antenna a few degrees one direction or the other. Then I start the scan all over again. My VIZIO take a long time to complete a full digital scan mode.

I have the batwing antenna that has the UHF ADAPTER added to it.

We usually get 6-36 digital station just about anywhere we go here on the East side of the US. I hear they are more spread apart on west side of the US due to more remote cities.

The new Natl Broadcast digital network is boss for us. This is the CBS-NBC-ABC-FOX-PBS free to the public High Def FULL SCREEN digital TV free to the public.

IN our case we either get an absolute fabulous full quality HDTV signal or nothing at all. The first sign you are picking up a weak signal is it may start breaking up into smal square pixels. When you see this move the antenna just a tad one directon or another. Sometimes the batwing antenna will pick up interference to the digital HDTV signal from overhead passing airplanes. My batwing antenna picks up the HDTV signals about the same quality from the rear of the antenna or the front of the antenna.

Everyone is saying the JACK antenna is a good replacemnt for the old standby BATWING antenna. The JACK antenna is plug-n-play with the BATWING antenna mount I think.
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote