Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-04-2018, 12:20 PM   #1

X213 honey wagon height issues

So my wife and I will be using our 2013 X213 strictly off grid at our river front property. No power, no water, no sewer.

With this in mind, I decided to order a 25 gallon Barker portable tank that we will load up in the bed of our truck and take home to dump out after each trip. Our trips are typically 3 to 4 days with 2 people.

Anyway, as you can see from the picture, the honey wagon is well above the height of the drain outlet on our X213. This picture was taken with the trailer level. Raising the tongue jack to its maximum height gets the wagon almost level but not below the height of the drain outlet.

I figure that I have a few options but I wanted to get ideas and opinions from the forum.

1. Put a block under the tongue to raise the drain outlet even higher. This may work but the butt of the trailer is already very low when the tongue is fully extended and would likely require the use of a jack on the tongue while I was positioning the block.

2. Dig out a small area for the wheels to sit in so the wagon lays flat on the ground. From the pictures it appears this will help but not get me all the way there. This might work in combination with the tongue jack without a block. Only issue will be dragging the full tank out of the holes I dug.

3. Install a lift kit. Our property is in the mountains and I would like to do this anyway but it seems pretty expensive.

More ideas and tips?
Watchdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:36 PM   #2

The first picture is with th trailer level and the second pic is with the tongue fully extended. The new style pneumatic wheels raise the wagon up quite a bit.
Attached Thumbnails
56A724F1-F6DE-4393-8B6D-046CC1459534.jpg   B13467F1-8ED1-4777-B4DB-6FC312874809.jpg  
Old 03-04-2018, 12:38 PM   #3

You could just park your tt on some 2 x 6 boards to raise it.

It would also be good to keep tires from sinking in........
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:48 PM   #4

Its your property so the best solution would be to raise the pad a foot or so but since that would involve a substantial effort and cost, why not dig out a pit near the edge of the pad that would allow you to slide the tote up close to the TT at the proper height. Dig it out in a way that you would just roll the tote into the pit and then easily roll it back out. Remember its your property and the "FIX" would be something you would be using long term.

Am confused though as to why the problem exists in the first place. Some of the drain valves are higher than others but none s/b so low as to risk dragging on the ground or a high point pulling onto a site.The only way I can imagine why you have this problem is that the parking pad is out of level [front to rear] causing you to jack one end of your TT very high and the other end very low to get the trailer level. If that is in fact your problem, I would make it a priority to level out the site or find a better site for the parking pad.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:57 PM   #5

The pictures were taken beside my house on a level surface. We are having a spot prepared for our X213 beside the river. (Leveling the area and adding some gravel. Sort of a short driveway for me to back into.)
Old 03-04-2018, 01:14 PM   #6

Here are some shots of the area by the river. These were taken before the grading and gravel but you can see the track areas where it's been driven on. Thats where we plan to back in.
Attached Thumbnails
20180225_173321.jpg  
Old 03-04-2018, 01:31 PM   #7

How do you plan on lifting it up once it's full (200 lbs)?
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:48 PM   #8

As Grumpy said thats one heavy sloshing honey wagon to lift. You may want to think about a portable 12v macerator pump, this way you can leave the honey wagon in the bed and pump it up, and pump it out when ready to dump if needed.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:54 PM   #9

May not be the answer you’re looking for, but if it’s your property can you build yourself a dump station?

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:18 PM   #10

The macerator pump is a great idea. I was gonna use ramps and pull it up in the truck but this is even better. Any suggestions on where to get one?

Sure, I could go ahead and install the septic system that will be used for our future home but that's gonna be about 5 grand for the septic and another 5 grand for a driveway since I would be afriad to tow across and open field on a regular basis.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:28 PM   #11

Check out Amazon they have several to choose from, you can buy just the pump and cobble it together or a kit with pump and all needed fittings.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
Check out Amazon they have several to choose from, you can buy just the pump and cobble it together or a kit with pump and all needed fittings.
The macerator plan sounds like the best idea for my situation so I'm gonna exchange this 25 gallon tank for a larger one and get a portable macerator to use at the campsite and again when we get home. Oh well, at least I can still exchange the tanks.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:16 PM   #13

If you want a cheaper option than using a tote check out this 50 gallon plastic tank for only $124, they have various sizes if you want bigger.

PCO050-19S | 50 Gallon PCO Tank with Sump
Old 03-04-2018, 03:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
If you want a cheaper option than using a tote check out this 50 gallon plastic tank for only $124, they have various sizes if you want bigger.

PCO050-19S | 50 Gallon PCO Tank with Sump
I was thinking that I would get a tank and portable macerator pump so I could use the same pump at the campsite and at home. So wouldn’t the tank need the same dump fittings?
Old 03-04-2018, 03:54 PM   #15

This tank has a 1" fitting on the bottom in the sump low spot that the pump could be connected to, or just open the top and stick a hose in a suck it out with the pump.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:56 PM   #16

I don’t wanna leave it in my truck permanently so I will likely just get the larger Barker 42 gallon unit so I can roll it around when not in use.
Old 03-04-2018, 04:07 PM   #17

The Barker 42 should do the trick, its about $250 and weighs 47# empty. The other tank is half the price, weighs #34 empty. You would not have to leave either tank in the truck all the time, here is the drawings to the 50 gallon tank.

http://www.plastic-mart.com/tech_dra.../PCO050-19.pdf