Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-11-2017, 07:38 PM   #1

X213 King Bed Dimension

Hi All...Long time stalker here, first time RV owner. Picking up our X213 next Saturday and just wondering if anyone knows the dimensions of the king bed. Want to get a topper for it as the mattress provided is pretty thin.

Thanks in advance!

The Beave
JerryMathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:32 PM   #2

An Rv king bed is 72x80, don't waste to much money on a topper these are so bad a topper doesn't help much. I replaced the original mattress real quick, tossed it in the garage and even the dog wouldn't lay on it.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:14 PM   #3

Bought a 2" memory gel topper for mine from Walmart. It made it a lot difference in the comfort level.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:58 PM   #4

X213 King Bed Dimension

We like our X213 mattress and find it comfortable. Maybe give it a try first before spending money and adding weight?
Old 05-12-2017, 11:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEscape View Post
We like our X213 mattress and find it comfortable. Maybe give it a try first before spending money and adding weight?
Yeah we tested it out at the RV show, the wife has a bad hip/back and this just will not provide enough cushion for her to sleep comfy.

Happy wife, happy life!
Old 05-12-2017, 12:10 PM   #6

A topper made a world of difference for us too however we placed it underneath... so technically not a topper. Keep in mind that this will cut down on your headroom. Watch out for that high-mount cabinet at the back of the bed!
https://goo.gl/photos/sQzc7u2x4QYHzxir7
Sergeum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryMathers View Post
Hi All...Long time stalker here, first time RV owner. Picking up our X213 next Saturday and just wondering if anyone knows the dimensions of the king bed. Want to get a topper for it as the mattress provided is pretty thin.

Thanks in advance!

The Beave

I measured ours right at 75 1/2" square, which makes it about 4 1/2" shorter than a standard king. I cut about 6" off of the topper because my wife wanted the set back to help the fitted sheet fit better. The gel toppers will actually stretch or shrink a little when you're moving them around.

Btw, since there's no overhang on the sides, a queen-size top (comforter, duvet, whatever) fits fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Daleallenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleallenc View Post

Btw, since there's no overhang on the sides, a queen-size top (comforter, duvet, whatever) fits fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While that is true, you still don't have the same body room if you use a queen that just fits and you like to spread out and enjoy the new found space that you may not have at home. Especially if you have any little ones that like to climb in to the huge king space you have. I am super happy with the king size duvet we have in our X213. It's so nice not to wake up with someone having pulled the covers off of me when they roll over!
Old 05-22-2017, 07:42 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEscape View Post
While that is true, you still don't have the same body room if you use a queen that just fits and you like to spread out and enjoy the new found space that you may not have at home. Especially if you have any little ones that like to climb in to the huge king space you have. I am super happy with the king size duvet we have in our X213. It's so nice not to wake up with someone having pulled the covers off of me when they roll over!
Definitely. Too big is better than too small. We have a queen size sleeping bag that we open out flat for a comforter when it's cold. It's so big and slippery that it's a bit of a pain, but so nice to burrow down into it on a cold night in the mountains without depriving my better half of her share.

As far as the mattress, the one in X213 is really nothing more than a cheap 3" sheet of foam. We are replacing ours shortly, as soon as we figure out what we want.

2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 Super Crew 3.5L Ecoboost
2017 Jay Feather X213
RPreeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:15 PM   #10

Thank you all for the replies, ended up getting overruled by the better half and just picked up our new 2017 White Hawk 24MBH on Saturday. I am actually happy the wife overruled me, so much more room for our family of 5 and 90lb lab.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:46 AM   #11

Congratulations on your new white hawk. Welcome to the club. Enjoy all the new experiences that are to come. Also keep a journal of your trips it is fun to look back at all of the things that happen with your travels.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
njgsregal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:58 PM   #12

Has anyone actually replaced their X213 mattress? After purchasing our X213 last year, we kept the OEM mattress in place and then moved the egg-shell foam and memory form topper that we used in our Jayco tent trailer to the new bed, making it about 9 inches high. After camping for a second season with this setup, I am ready to consider an actual replacement mattress but haven't found any manufacturer that makes this mattress size. As mentioned earlier in this thread, it's not RV King size (72" x 80"), nor is it RV Short King size (72" x 78"). I'm left wondering if my option is to replace the bottom layer (OEM mattress) with an actual piece of firm foam.

Thoughts?
Maddy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:26 PM   #13

X213 Mattress Replacement

Just wondering if anyone found a replacement that fits in place of the X213 king mattress. Love this camper, but he mattress is killing my back!
mcearl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:36 PM   #14

We ended up having two custom mattresses made, that together, measure 74" square. That allowed for me to be able to put my hand down between the mattress and the wall for making the bed. We did the two mattresses because we did more of a standard mattress and one mattress wouldn't fit through the door. Since purchasing ours, I have heard that someone else just put in two RV size twin mattresses. Makes sense, and I should have thought about that before going through all the trouble to measure ours and get them perfect. At the time, I hadn't realized that our bunks measure 37" x 74" so if you can order two mattresses this size, you should be good.
Maddy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote