Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #1

X213 Slide Out Question - How Do You Know It's Fully Extended

We recently purchased a 2011 X213 but aren't taking delivery until the spring. We have been following the posts regarding the X213 slide out and have a related question: Has anyone noticed if the dinette seat closest to the slide out has less seating space than the other side of the dinette? I noticed this in our unit, and suspect the slide out may not have been fully extended, such that the king mattress was pushing on the back of the dinette cushion. Has anyone noticed this issue? How do you know if the slide out is fully extended?

Thanks to everyone for participating in this forum!

2011 Jayco X213
2012 Ford Explorer w/tow package
Ed&Darlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:41 PM   #2

Welcome to the Jayco OWners Forum Ed/Darlene! I redirected your post into it's own thread as it may receive more activity not being lost in another thread. There are quite a few X213 owners here to help you out. I bet this is going to be an exciting couple of months waiting for your maiden voyage. Where will you go?
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #3

Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy the X213 in the new year.

Tracking campgrounds with Ultimate Campground Log
dalenoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:27 PM   #4

i have a 2012' x213 and it is an awesome trailer. i don't have any issues with the slide at all. i don't remember the rear facing bench on the dinette having issues where the mattress pushes into the back of the bench. you will know when your slide is out all the way when the "head" of the slide kind of lifts up and into level position the very last 3-4 inches when sliding out. just make sure you have a good power source to run the slide out motor. i have (2) honda 2000 generators that i run in parallel when i extend my slide. you also have a 2 year warranty and you know jayco will take care of you.

hope this helps a bit
azdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:46 PM   #5

As said above, you will notice the slide lift into position the last few inches of travel. You will also hear the clutch engage (clicking noise) once it reaches the fully extended position. As for the dinnett cushion, I have noticed that the one closest to the bed does rest on the foot of the bed, but isn't that big of a deal. If you need more room on that side just flip the cushion off onto the bed and use the foot of the bed as a back rest.
OffTheGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:45 AM   #6

I have a Jayco 213 and I have noticed this, as this is the side that I sit on. What I do is, I take the back cushion off when we are sitting there and toss it on the bed. The mattress provides a soft back support. When we are done our meal, I just put the cushion back.

Not a big deal for us.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #7

Yup, I just bought a X213. When you extend the bed, you will see it lift and the motor will start clicking. At that point release the switch and it will be fully extended. This is how I was shown by the dealer.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #8

We traded in our 2010 x213 for some reasons: yes the dinette seat closet to the slide is very tight, in fact when eating, my wife had to sit on the couch. I usually remove the back cushion as stated above. Now for checking if the slide is completely out, you will find out if you can open the couch if it hits the slide it needs to go out more. if you motor cuts out before fully extended dealers are not real quick in replacing the motors, you will notice that when extending out just near the end the frame tilts down and loses contact with the gear rack, I learned to have the entire unit tilted down at the hitch before extending. Between constant failures of the rear slide motor and the electrical awning issues was a reason to get rid of and very, very happy happy with the new 2013 228BH.
2013 Ram 2500 HD, 4WD, CC, SB, 5.7L
2013 Jayco 228BH
ram2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #9

Not to alarm you but after some use the X213 bed slide may become unlevel and need adjustments. i.e. when fully extended it seems to droop down on the very end over time. Some seem to need adjustments made for this. What happens is when it in pulled back in it may eat up your covers on the table seat and maybe even the couch covers. There has been some reports of this including pictures of the cut up seat covers...

Also some of the older units reported a weak motor. JAYCO may have a bigger motor now. I would do as the other post on here indicated and use as much added boost power as you can muster when extending the slide. It is amazing how large this slide is.

We searched the market high and low to get the best X213 for us and we really liked the model change in the 2010 and up. There is only two of use to use the trailer and the X213 seemed to be the perfect size. We liked the side windows verses the larger window on the bed end. In the end we didnt get one and am still running our 2008 off-road popup. I really fell in love with the 2010 X213 model

Click image for larger version

Name:	2011_Jayco_JayFeatherSelectEXPHD.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	6589

We was even going to mod the bunk room area into an Ham radio/computer/office L-shaped desk arangement like this

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #10

We have a 2010 213.After two seasons of use, our slide stopped extending fully this spring, usually coming up short 3-4 inches, resulting in the droop some others mentioned. That last bit of extension is critical to having the slide extend to a level point. Jayco replaced the slide motor and upgraded its circuit from 20 amps to 30 amps. The slide worked fine all summer and extends much quicker now. I also (recommended by dealer) purchased a spray can of slide lubricant and sprayed the rails under the extended slide. That immediately smoothed out and quieted the slide operation. Another way to tell if the slide has fully extended is to lift the cloth flap that covers the bottom of the slide. You will be able to look at the metal slide rails and operating wheels. When ours failed, you could see that the wheels were stopping 3-4 inches short of the end of the wear marks on the track. Now our unit always extends to the end of those marks.
Greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #11

Hi Ed&Darlene,
We have a 2013 x213. We know when the slide out is fully extended when it is moves into a slight upward direction (leveling) and we hear several clicks. We also notice the dinette seat closest to the bed is tighter (less seating space) than the other seat, so I remove the back cushion altogether for that seat and use the bed matress as the back cushion.

Happy camping,

Jim & Sue
Retired
2013 JayFeather Ultra Lite X213
2011 Tahoe LTZ 4wd with HD towing package, GM trailer brake control
Honda 2000i generator
Equl-i-zer sway control and WD hitch:)
jimsueco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 06:34 AM   #12

X213 mattress/ dinette

We recently bought a 2017 X213. Right away i could not believe the mattress was hitting the dinette cushion. But simple fix. I spun the mattress once. Jayco tends to put the teddy bear emblem on the mattress pointing into the camper. If you spin the mattress so that is too the side it corrects that mattress hitting the dinette. Its just a couple inches difference. You really wont notice it until you spin the mattress.
JoeB2011 is offline   Reply With Quote