Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdorant View Post
in my 2013 whitehawk manual, it says not to lube. I think I will anyways... just be careful when you do... use cardboard and slide it above the rails and below the floor of the slide. Any lube that gets sprayed onto the floor above the rails will be on your inside carpet the next time you slide it in.

You might be correct in your statement about not lubing the slide in the Whitehawk. From what I know the Whitehawk slide is completely different then the X213. I believe the Whitehawk is more of a conventional side slide out, floor to ceiling type unit. I would really be careful in lubing this type of unit because of the carpet issue. The X213 is a little bit of a different beast. (it really is a beast of a slide) It is suspended off of the floor and doesn't have contact with any carpet. With that being said 213 owners still have to be mindful of excess lube dripping/rubing onto the sofa and or dinette. After dealing with this issue for almost 3 seasons, the Jayco Dealer has advised me that routine lubrication is going to have to happen if I want to have this unit function properly. I don't go crazy with lube, but I do keep up with the maintenance.

On a side note, I really like the looks of that Whitehawk, maybe I should look at an upgrade.
OffTheGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBraddy View Post
When I first saw this thread with the UNLEVEL word in the title I was thinking of the other problem that I have read about the X213 has with the very heavy slide.

The adjustments seem to get out of whack over time and the end of the rear slide droops down some when extended. What I have read the slide when fully extended should be LEVEL and not drooping down on the far end of it. The results is the slide may tear the tops of the dinette seat or the couch. I was told to always be very cautious of where these top cushions are when bringing in the slide. It always amazed me there was never any designed support braces going down the trailer bumper. Those hugh rear slides has to weight a bunch. This earlier reported problem with the X213 had nothing to do with the slow moving motor problem.

Roy Ken
Any thoughts on how to adjust this? I have a 2010 x213 and that is what mine does, the motor engages fine and pushes it all the way in and out, or so I can tell, but when all the way out right before its compeltely out you can see it angle up slightly as it reaches the clutch point. But even at that point it still is angled down a bit. I did check the manual and it says not to lube, and the prep person told me it didnt need to be lubed either, but I find that hard to believe. Any thoughts? Thanks!
x2thez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #23

Slide Woes

We purchased our 2012 X213 in 2011 thus have had two full summers with it. At first the slide worked well however stopped short when extending. We took it back to the dealer and they ended up replacing the motor (advice received from this forum) and they also adjusted the slide. Slide works fine now but there is a new problem. Previously the slide cleared the couch cushion and dinette cushions. Now the front of the slide digs into the cushions and the couch. We now have to move the cushions onto the bed and I have a piece of plywood protecting the couch. It is back with the dealer and just waiting to see how it all turns out. With the new motor the slide operates properly, seals well and extends fully and level. We were advised serveral times the last time the slide was adjusted that we needed to keep the rails lubricates with a non-heavy silicone lubricant. I say lube the thing. It helped us. Love the trailer, just wish the slide problem could be fixed once and for all.
TheHags is offline   Reply With Quote